Externe Festplatte ausgeschaltet, nun Fehler #6000

• Hallo zusammen,

bisher konnte ich mir noch selber helfen, sei es per Tutorials oder durch das Forum hier. Leider bin ich nun aber mit meinem Latein am Ende und hoffe auf Hilfe von euch.

Folgende Ausgangssituation:
    Version 0.5.45

Eine Ntfs formatierte, externe USB Festplatte wurde angeschlossen. Diese sollte als Backup dienen für zwei Ordner auf der NAS.
    Ich habe die Festplatte unter "Datenspeicher" ->"Dateiensystem" gemountet
    zwei bereits vorhandene Ordner unter "Zugriffskontrolle" ->"Freigegebene Ordner" freigegeben.
    Dann noch unter "Dienste"->"SMB/CIFS" als Windows Ordner hinzugefügt.

Alles lief nach ein paar Startschwierigkeiten wunderbar, per rsync zwei Jobs eingerichtet um die Ordner von der NAS auf die Externe zu syncen.

Problem:
    ____
    Anschließend wollte ich die externe Festplatte ausschalten. Ich habe sie unter "Datenspeicher" ->"Dateiensystem" ausgehängt.
    Und seitdem habe ich folgende Fehlermeldung:

Zuerst habe ich probiert, die Festplatte einfach wieder anzuschließen. Leider ohne Erfolg. Fehlermeldung blieb bestehen.

Ich habe probiert die in der Ausgangssituation beschriebenen Vorgänge zu löschen, da ich las, Fehlercode #6000 deutet daraufhin, dass etwas gemountet werden soll, was nicht mehr da ist.
    Alles bis auf einen Eintrag, der auch noch "Dokumente@Conrad" heißt (gleiche wie bei der Fehlermeldung oben) unter "Zugriffskontrolle" ->"Freigegebene Ordner" konnte ich löschen, allerdings ist dort der "X Löschen" Button ausgegraut und wenn ich den Eintrag bearbeiten will, erscheint folgende Fehlermeldung.

Frage
    ------
    Gibt es eine Möglichkeit diesen Eintrag in einer Art config Datei zu löschen?
    Ich hab bisher von SSH die Finger gelassen, einfach weil ich keine Ahnung davon habe, aber ich trau mich gerne dran wenn es nötig ist. Glücklicherweise habe ich zumindestens den Dienst schon aktiviert. Oder gibts vielleicht noch einen einfacheren Weg, den ich einfach zu vorgerückter Stunde nicht mehr finde?

Ich wäre für Tipps, Tricks und Hilfe jedweder Art dankbar.

Und grundsätzlich noch die Frage: Wenn ich ein externes USB Laufwerk habe, wie ist die richtige Vorgehensweise, wenn ich es im laufenden Betrieb ausschalten (entfernen) will?

MFG
    CChoc

• Hi,

Thank you for trying to guess the answer. I did not provided enough information in English, I will give you an overview.

I attached an USB external hard drive to my OMV system for backup purpose. Everything worked like a charm until I removed the drive...

After the backup was done I want to unplug the USB external HD. In the menu "Storage" -> "File systems" I selected the drive and clicked unplug. I got a similar error message to the first one on top. This message also appears when I try to "Apply" the new configuration. So at the moment I cant change anything.

Tried to plug in the drive again, doesn't work. So my next turn was to remove all shares that are attached to the drive. Only one entry remains, because through the web-interface it is impossible to remove it.

The one that troubles me is "Dokumente@Conrad". (That is the same name, that is in the first error message, first line.) I cant just remove it, the "X Delete" button remains gray. When I try to edit it, the second error message from above appears.

Sadly I have no idea how and where to edit this file, I don't even know if it is possible to edit it. I have read through the forum and have seen, that often someone answers, the user should go through SSH and should enter a command. I hope, in my case there is also a possibility to change the config and remove the remains of the USB drive completely.

Any hint or answer is much appreciated.

If you need further details, please don´t hesitate and ask.

• Cchoc, wie konntest du die Festplatte unmounten wenn auf selbiger moch shares freigegeben waren? Das geht nicht, daher vermute ich du hast grdacht dass sie ungemountet wurde und sie dann entfernt hast obwohl sie nicht ungemountet war. Sie duerfte jetzt auf missing stehen.

Du musst nun die Eintraege der externen aus /etc/openmediavault/config.xml entfernen. dazu zaehlen auch die share und samba einstellungen.

Gruss
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Sorry, I had not read everything. David is right. Remove the shared folder entry in the config.xml. Also, the USB Backup plugin would be better to use to an external drive. You do not select a shared folder for the destination.

• Maybe it is just me which is a grumpy old man but since this is an English speaking forum and users come from all over the world using different kinds of native language I find it rude and it offences me when people post in another language than English because that automatically exclude a lot of people from participating and/or learn from the thread. German speaking persons seems to outnumber other native languages in this respect.

So please could we not agree to keep postings in English?

PS. I have nothing against Germany, Germans, and German language. I read and write German almost fluently since I have worked and lived in Hanover.

• I think it has something to do with understanding and make myself understandable, also to better explain the situation and to show where the problem is. Even if I can write in English, I always worrying about that due the translation something important is missing. Further my grammar and spelling is not the best in English, but I keep trying :( Also I think its not the best place to discuss this general topic here.

Back2topic:
    Thank you for your help. I had no idea how to access the filesystem via Linux (tried Putty, but without success), and with the normal Windows browser it was not possible to access the boot drive from the OMV system. I finally found a tool called "Paragon ExtFS for Windows". With its help I was able to mount the drive and could access the files easily. The rest was just a matter of testing. After the modifications the system runs without error message and I was able to mount the drive again. Next time I will be more careful.

The reason why I did not used "Services" -> "USB Backup" is, that it is only possible to choose the root directory for backup. I want the files into a specified sub dir on the external usb drive. But thats a project for the next holiday.

Wish you a good last holiday.

Thanks a lot / Vielen Dank!

• miras: Your thoughts are considered, but I rather help someone in his native language, than overwhelm him with gibberish he might not understand. Therefore, despite the fact many people won't understand it, I will continue to do it that way most of the time.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

miras: Your thoughts are considered, but I rather help someone in his native language, than overwhelm him with gibberish he might not understand. Therefore, despite the fact many people won't understand it, I will continue to do it that way most of the time.

If everybody had this attitude a "user" forum is pointless and a lot of knowledge and ideas are lost for most people. The goal of any user forum must be that knowledge should be shared in the broadest way possible for the benefit of all users. Since the language shared by most people are English and that English is the defacto IT language then using English as a common language upholds that goal. Also, excluding native English speakers, all users are debating on even terms.

• Miras, the forum is not a knowledgebase. It's a place where users can ask for help. And if they specifically ask in german I won't hesitate to answer in german. If someone else then wants to have this information I'm happy to translate it to english.

I do not expect if I support that I do this for a broad community, but a specific human beeing. Therefore my answer is for that particular person, and not allways suited for the whole community.

I also don't think that anybody should be offended by my decision/behaviour in this type of discussion. I hope you aren't either.

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Miras, the forum is not a knowledgebase. It's a place where users can ask for help. And if they specifically ask in german I won't hesitate to answer in german. If someone else then wants to have this information I'm happy to translate it to english.

I do not expect if I support that I do this for a broad community, but a specific human beeing. Therefore my answer is for that particular person, and not allways suited for the whole community.

I also don't think that anybody should be offended by my decision/behaviour in this type of discussion. I hope you aren't either.

This is where your assumption fails. Every posting on the forum might be relevant and help more than 3000 individuals. Each posting is searchable by everyone and if people is able to search for an answer to their problem already questioning by some other user a lot of duplicated questions and answers can be avoided and people with similar problems does not have to wait for a correct answer since the answer is already available in the forum.

If you insists on narrowing your answers to specific users then you might as well take the thread off-line to an email correspondence.

• Yeah, of course it may be relevant to more than 3000 individuals. But that doesn't do shit if I answer somebody in english who may or may not be able to understand it. Also, the german Userbase is second place right after our english speaking users. So, even tough it may does not suit everex 3000 users, it suits quite a number of users.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!