Photoprism plugin vs docker image? (reverse proxy)

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, so I got the photoprism docker working (I was having issue w/ the plugin again.. I'll llook at that later)

First glaring problem... There's no way to create a user account. Best I can tell, you can only create an admin account. When I googled how to set up a user account... it's on github it's not currently possible... from almost 2yrs ago. AYFKM?

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, so the lack of user accounts on Photoprism is a no go for me.

So just out of boredom, I got to messing with Photoshow again. I'm finding now that it really has all the features I want, w/o all the overhead of Piwigo, and it's simplicity is really appealing to me.

I dunno.. I've used Piwigo a long time, but I might have to give this some thought.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Choices, choices. I hear what you’re saying about PhotoPrism being single user. Reading around, there doesn’t appear to be any plans to change that. Me, I use PhotoPrism to organize and run slide shows at family get-togethers.

Nobody ever talks about Plex or Jellyfin/Emby. I have Plex use the same photo folder I use for PhotoPrism (DigiKam too), and it can run with multiple users.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Choices, choices. I hear what you’re saying about PhotoPrism being single user. Reading around, there doesn’t appear to be any plans to change that. Me, I use PhotoPrism to organize and run slide shows at family get-togethers.

Nobody ever talks about Plex or Jellyfin/Emby. I have Plex use the same photo folder I use for PhotoPrism (DigiKam too), and it can run with multiple users.

I've set up photos in Emby before.. It's really not a bad picture viewer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've never set up a big slide show like that, but usually with Piwigo I just share them and they can view them on whatever device they have.

Like I said, you'll never hear me argue about choice. But as I've said before, 1 is not enough, 3 is to many.. so it's a fine line.. :)

• as this is about photoprism and openmediavault, i'm trying to ask a question. I was going down the docker route. Never thought about plugin, i'm docker focused since years, so....

...but even though it "should" be everything configured right, whenever i try to connect to the reverse proxied fqdn, i'm getting the omv login page back not the photoprism page. Any hints?

• as this is about photoprism and openmediavault, i'm trying to ask a question. I was going down the docker route. Never thought about plugin, i'm docker focused since years, so....

...but even though it "should" be everything configured right, whenever i try to connect to the reverse proxied fqdn, i'm getting the omv login page back not the photoprism page. Any hints?

How are you reverse proxying? Via SWAG?

• that's ok. i can translate nginx stuff to haproxy, as nginx is more common, but this i have already done. there is also a PHOTOPRISM_SITE_URL to configure. i've did that. I'm just interested if i have something forgotten.

• I'm just interested if i have something forgotten.

On SWAG, the only thing we need to take care is to point to the proper ip:port the service is running on.

Maybe HaProxy has something similar?!?

• Can you post your config, so we can help?

and show what you type into your browser to access photoprism.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• which config? photoprism? haproxy? Haproxy part is huge.....

haproxy, the part where you configure photoprism. There is nothing special about it.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• okay you're right, but why it isn't working then? :)

i'll explain the stuff for those not familiar with haproxy

• Did you make this up for posting it: photo.example.com. I do not think, you own example.com

What are you using var(txn.txnhost) for?

Do you get to photoprism is you enter http://x.x.x.x:2342 in your browser?

I alomost forgot how awkward haproxy is to configure. Switched to nginx and later traffic long ago.

• yes i changed this for posting (example.com) and yes http://.... is working. And yes haproxy is awqard. var... is for the 2FA config, which nisn't used in this example, as i first test inb internal network.

The overall config "reversing....." is working, if i just change a backend to another one, i get to that other backend. Do i change it back to the photoprism backend, i'm landin on the omv login page.....

• Can you try to open the web developer console in your browser (F12) on the network tab to see, if you are redirected or just get served the wrong page?

Could you try not to adding additional headers to the forwarded request?

• i got it solved. Was a combination of different things.

First: the above config is working

Second: i haven't changed haproxy configs for a long time, so i missed a "new" bug, which is, that the reload of a changed config no longer works. i have to reboot the whole firewall (runs with pfsense) to reapply the configs. Well, dunno if pfsense or haproxy is the culprit here

Third: As photoprism isn't multiuser (yet) i had two docker containers running for two persons, even tough nothing in the logs, i had to seperate each port setting internally and externally, which means the standard ports in every config area had to be changed so they don't overlap.

Well.... thanks for the help guys

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!