SMB/CIFS write ends with kernel error

• Hi!

I have upgrade from OMV 5.2 to OMV 6.0 for 3 weeks. It's installed in a VM under Proxmox. All updates are installed (Proxmox & OMV). This installation works for more than 1 year without any problems.

Since yesterday, each time I try to write in a samba share, it ends failing and shares no more accessible. I have to restart OMV. Reading do not raise any problems.

When I look to syslog, I found theses kernel messages:

I have found this bugzilla.

My FS is 65To so it seems to match this problem. But I don't know why it happens out of nothing!

Did someone have any clue to repair this problem?

• votdev

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • It's seems to have disappeared when using windows explorer, replaced by an error with rights (I don't know why, same users, no password change). Perhaps rights problem occurs before the kernel error...

But, when trying to write from another Linux (share mounted in RW), the error comes back.

• The root casue is here:

Code
    May 22 21:43:45 NewLaputa kernel: [  269.718540] kernel BUG at fs/ext4/xattr.c:2071!
    May 22 21:43:45 NewLaputa kernel: [  269.718574] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP NOPTI

Something is trying to execute data as code (0) ?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Yes, this is a kernel bug maybe in conjunction with proxmox.

Can you try a differnet kernel version?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I'll try... I've never done that :)

Edit: With grub, if i boot with Linux 5.10.0-14-amd64, the problem with the rights (connecting from Windows 10) occurs. But the other Linux VM has no problem to write on the share...

The error on windows:

The login & password are the same as before.

Last edit:

Using the configuration "Send NTLM v.2 response only" on windows corrects the rights problem. And I can write on the share!

• HPulstar

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!