Drives are inaccessible

• Greeting everyone,
    A few days ago I had an issue, my drives are inaccessible, I'm using SnapRaid + mergerfs on 4Tb+4TB+320GB drives, I can see these drives in S.M.A.R.T's devices tab and the status for these drives is good, is there anything I can do to fix this issue or at least to back my data? thanks in advance.

Code
    blkid

/dev/sda1: UUID="ff77aeaf-2037-426d-9eca-996de8bb0b08" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="bebcd1c7-bc9a-4707-a083-898c2efc409a"
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="cb4bb7d3-ee94-430f-8bd0-b512d24ed5b6" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="1f9a0d9b-4c6d-48a8-91e5-23764f891a8d"
    /dev/sdb1: UUID="cdab85bc-8264-45a9-9cd9-d198bfa7091f" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="fd44920d-97c8-45c7-9a45-81a644cc0f33"
    /dev/sdd1: UUID="b6081524-e919-47a2-b2e6-1e62fc51cf8e" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="7820d684-01"
    /dev/sdd5: UUID="ad30def0-045f-44d4-84f6-4310f039f254" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="7820d684-05"
  • What do you mean with "my drives are inaccessible"?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• You can see your data by

ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-cb4bb7d3-ee94-430f-8bd0-b512d24ed5b6

ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-cdab85bc-8264-45a9-9cd9-d198bfa7091f

but you did not mount the mergerfs

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• You can see your data by

ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-cb4bb7d3-ee94-430f-8bd0-b512d24ed5b6

ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-cdab85bc-8264-45a9-9cd9-d198bfa7091f

but you did not mount the mergerfs

I can't mount mergerfs, nothing comes up in the file systems tab,
    When I used these commands I saw some of my data, and there is a 3rd drive so I used this command for it
    ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-ff77aeaf-2037-426d-9eca-996de8bb0b08
    and this is the outcome

Code
    total 8.0K
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4.0K Apr  1 02:54 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4.0K Apr  1 02:54 ..
  • Check

mount |grep merger

and ls -lah /srv/mergerfs

The mergerfs should shod up in the drop down when defining shared folders.

• Check

mount |grep merger

and ls -lah /srv/mergerfs

The mergerfs should shod up in the drop down when defining shared folders.

The 1st command doesn't do anything, and this is the output of the 2nd command

Code
    total 12K
    drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4.0K Apr  1 03:00 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4.0K Apr  1 02:54 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4.0K May 22 20:18 Data
  • Are your files here: ls -la /srv/mergerfs/data?

somehow it looks like the mergerfs has not created an entry in the fstab or did not mount it.

can you try to remove the mergerfs and recreate it (or just edit something, save, apply)

• Are your files here: ls -la /srv/mergerfs/data?

somehow it looks like the mergerfs has not created an entry in the fstab or did not mount it.

can you try to remove the mergerfs and recreate it (or just edit something, save, apply)

Running the command gave me this message

"ls: cannot access '/srv/mergerfs/data': No such file or directory"

from mergerfs I noticed it's only give me 2 drives out of 3, the first one is missing, after editing one of the options and saving it gave an error, should I remove it and recreate it to make sure?

• It is a capital D in data, so ls -la /srv/mergerfs/Data

Can you post the details of the error message in a code box, so I can cut and paste?

• It is a capital D in data, so ls -la /srv/mergerfs/Data

Can you post the details of the error message in a code box, so I can cut and paste?

Yes I can see me my folders now using this command

Here is the error

• Run

systemctl restart srv-mergerfs-Data.mount and then

systemctl status srv-mergerfs-Data.mount

journalctl -xe

• Code
    Job failed. See "journalctl -xe" for details.

• Subject: A start job for unit docker-51fd952d1683a2758a7bbbd3d386e6e8dca3623

Did you had docker containers on those drives prior to merge them?

Or even did you point containers to the mergerfs?

Zoki

This is probably what is busting it.

• Yes I have containers pointed to the mergerfs.

I don't use mergerfs so I can't help you.

Only thing is, do not user mergerfs to hold docker containers configs.

Use a single drive/path for it.

You can try to stop ALL containers/services pointing to the mergerfs and see if you can mount it.

• I don't use mergerfs so I can't help you.

Only thing is, do not user mergerfs to hold docker containers configs.

Use a single drive/path for it.

You can try to stop ALL containers/services pointing to the mergerfs and see if you can mount it.

Even shared folders and SMB shares?
    I stopped all containers now, only Portainer and Docker are running, can I stop them too or I have to delete them?

• Even shared folders and SMB shares?
    I stopped all containers now, only Portainer and Docker are running, can I stop them too or I have to delete them?

No need, I guess.

But if you pointed the docker root to mergerfs, I don't know what it will cause.

Just try to remount the mergerfs now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!