Structure needs cleaning

• I am not sure what is going on. I noticed when I transferred all of my files to my new NAS, that some were missing. I went into the shell and found that the folders and files are still there but they 'have quotes around them'.

How do I recover these files?! Some of them are 3d projects that I have been working on for quite some time. Some of them are quite important.

I attached a screenshot of what I am seeing.

PLEASE HELP! I was an idiot and deleted the files off of my old NAS after doing the transfer.

• The quotes are just there because the file names have spaces in them.

You will have to run fsck on the drive and hope for the best.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Where have you been copying the files from? If these are all the ones with spaces in it, i doubt it is a file system error, but an encoding problem.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I cut and pasted all of them over the network from my old NAS to my new NAS.

Cut and paste using what OS? What was your old NAS?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!