Clean Install OMV 6 - read only hhd and further errors

• I was trying to upgrade from 5.x to OMV 6, but i do not get access to the UI.

I do not think it's an Browser problem, it think it crushed the complete system.

Before upgrading the system i've checked all plugins if they are available under 6,x and then start the upgrade.

Now i got lots of error and also that OMV-engine failed to bind socket: Read only file system.

Ive got only HDD (12) and two ssds for System and system related storage.

Fail during boot:

Is there any chance to fix it or should i try a complete clean install?

are there any information i can serve to help to eliminate the problem?

many thanks

• If i check the my HDD if they are mounted, they are unfortunately not listed...

It seems that only sdkl is somehow mounted but where are the other 11 drives....?

I still have access via SSH and FTP, I have no further ideas what i can do...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von capone1423 ()

• Thanks for trying to help

this is the outcome. I only see one error with ATA12.01:failed to set xfermode (err_mask=0x40)

Attached file because to many characters

dmesg_output.txt

• Ive got only HDD (12) and two ssds for System and system related storage.

Only 12 HDD???

How are they connected? Some more info on hardware will help.

And try

mount | grep /dev/sd

And according to dmesg, your root drive (sdk1) mounts properly at the beginning of boot, and errors out later on:

Code
    [   33.369086] EXT4-fs (sdk1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
    [   45.704409] Adding 16729084k swap on /dev/sdk5.  Priority:-2 extents:1 across:16729084k SSFS
    [10474.901478] EXT4-fs (sdk1): re-mounted. Opts: errors=remount-ro

According to dpkg, the unionfs didn't upgrade.

Try to run the fix to see if it corrects itself:

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/fix5to6upgrade | sudo bash

• Hi thanks for jumping in!

checked Mount and this is the output. I might be that the service didnt recognize the other hdds....

I also tried to fix unionfs with your command, but i get lots of errors

error.txt

regarding your question, what configuration im running.

- Asrock E3C236D2I

- Intel Xeon E3/1240 V2

- external 8x Sata card

- Lian Li PC-Q26

Does it make sense to jump on a clean install and try it again. I'm only a bit afraid of all my portainer / docker configurations

• You can not do much as long as your disk is mounted read only. Remout it read write and then run the fix script.

But yo uwill have to find out, why the disk is failing.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Your root disk changed to sdh, according to the pic on #10, so:

mount -o remount,rw /

Nonetheless, all your other disks aren't beeing mounted.

Output of:

fdisk -l | grep /dev/sd

• tried to remount the disk with you command, and a did not get any confirmation

and here the output of fdisk (looks not good to me....)

• Pleas post command and output in code boxes, not screen shots. It is much easier to read.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Ok, fdisk shows all disks and partitions which is good.

After the remount command, try again:

mount | grep /dev/sd

And also cat /etc/fstab

• Zoki: sorry, will use code boxes

Soma, tried your commands, but it looks that the hdds are still read only

• ok, your root fs is mounted rw, but the folder2ram mounts are still ro. you will have to redo the mount -o remount,rw ... for each /var/folder2ram/... entry

If you have done this, try to mount everything from the fstab mount -a Will probably give some error message because otherwise it would have happened at boot time.

• ok, your root fs is mounted rw, but the folder2ram mounts are still ro. you will have to redo the mount -o remount,rw ... for each /var/folder2ram/... entry

If you have done this, try to mount everything from the fstab mount -a Will probably give some error message because otherwise it would have happened at boot time.

Thank you very much for your help so far

Because im pretty much a noob in the Unix world could you please explain in more detail how I have to use the commands.

The command for remounting one of the folder2ram will eg looks like

Code
    mount -o remount,rw var/folder2ram/var/log

Some for the fstab, would be great if you can give me an example.

Thanks again!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!