Still seem to have buster version of docker after OMV6 upgrade?

• I actually did the upgrade a few weeks back and didn't see anything of note in the upgrade logs, but for some reason the docker-ce and docker-ce-cli packages seem to indicate that they are from buster and not bullseye (though it seems to be running ok AFAICT).

Code
    $ apt list --installed | grep docker

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

docker-ce-cli/now 5:20.10.16~3-0~debian-buster amd64 [installed,local]
    docker-ce/now 5:20.10.16~3-0~debian-buster amd64 [installed,local]
    docker-compose/stable,now 1.25.0-1 all [installed]
    python3-docker/stable,now 4.1.0-1.2 all [installed,automatic]
    python3-dockerpty/stable,now 0.4.1-2 all [installed,automatic]

The omvextras page in the dashboard shows the version as '5:20.10.16~3-0~debian-buster'. I'm wondering if something went wrong with these and whether there is some action I should take to address?

• w9WdO4XOp

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • w9WdO4XOp

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Still seem to have buster version of docker after OMV6 upgrade“ zu „Still seem to have buster version of docker after OMV6 upgrade?“ geändert.
  • Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, that was going to be thing I tried first given that there shouldn't be too many other dependencies to deal with.

It did indeed fix the issue though I noticed that OMV6 seems to install docker-compose which I don't believe OMV5 did? It's actually a slightly older version (1.28.4) than I was running (1.29.2) and I decided to stick with the newer version as I have a script to refresh my containers based on:

Code
    docker-compose pull -q && docker-compose up -d

The older version always seems to restart the container with up -d even if nothing changed. I've found that useful for the linuxserver.io containers where you can specify the container tag in the compose file without the -ls# part and grab the between version image updates fairly simply without compose file changes.

• w9WdO4XOp

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I noticed that OMV6 seems to install docker-compose which I don't believe OMV5 did?

omv5 installed it as well. you might have installed it and got a newer version. omvextras5 installs 1.28.4 and omvextras6 installs 1.29.2 currently.

There is no need to uninstall docker. The package is the same across 5 and 6. The docker.list file should have been updated during the upgrade and the move to the bullseye labeled package should have happened as an update. Something must have gone wrong with the upgrade.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I seem to have two copies of docker-compose. One in /usr/bin which claims to be 'version 1.25.0, build unknown' and one in /usr/local/bin (the one that the omvextras plugin installed?) which is 'version 1.28.4, build cabd5cfb'.

I believe that the output for the re-installation even explicitly stated that it was installing 1.28.4, it definitely wasn't 1.29.2.

Code
    $ apt list docker-compose
    Listing... Done
    docker-compose/stable,now 1.25.0-1 all [installed]
    $ which docker-compose
    /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

I renamed the one OMV installed to /usr/local/bin and replaced it with 1.29.2

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras does not use the debian package (except on i386). It installs it using the docker method (download it).

I was also wrong and omvextras 6 is still using 1.28.4 and installs to /usr/local. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…bin/omv-installdocker#L25

But you can install whatever version you want. omvextras isn't maintaining it. It just installs it to be helpful when you install the docker package.

• Do we perhaps need the repo version installed for the dependencies? I looked to see what it would want to remove:

I don't think it should be too much of an issue to just leave things as-is though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do we perhaps need the repo version installed for the dependencies?

Other than python, you shouldn't need anything else. It is all in the docker-compose file from docker. Debian does split them out though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!