Lenovo A68M with AMD E1-1200 Integrated CPU - Is it good enough?

• So I'm looking for building a low power NAS that only consuming less power consumption for just transfering file$ from my phone or main PC to NAS or pull out file from NAS to my main PC or phone. I have NAS PC with Core 2 Quad, and while it's good, it consuming power too much for just transfering or pull out files (CPU is 95W TDP and causing electricity bill increased higher than usual). I heard about dual core CPU was good enough for that so I'm curious if AMD E1-1200 Dual core running 1.4 GHz integrated inside the Lenovo A68M motherboard was good enough for that. I found that motherboard from Shopee website. I think that AMD E1-1200 only consuming 18W TDP.

Is AMD E1-1200 good enough for just a NAS?

Here are things I need to build low power NAS:

Lenovo A68M motherboard with AMD E1-1200 Integrated CPU

2 or 4GB 1333mhz or 1600mhz RAM

120GB SSD

1TB Hard drive for storage

• I don't think the TDP is too relevant, but I'm trying to confirm that now. I have a mainboard with a 4 W TDP Atom 230, but overall consumption is higher than an i3-2120 as measured from the wall (31 W vs 27 W). Both systems are about equal in parts, but the Atom is slower overall. Still very usable though.

~ Apologies, I am in the same country as the OP, so my reply further has some local information ~ At 31 W, running 24/7, the system would cost you about RM 11 to RM 13 extra every month, depending on your electricity tier. What is the actual power usage for your current system?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!