Recursive can't be enabled

• I wonder how to be able to create files and folders under my Users from a windows desktop. I can access the folders and files but I need a permissions to even if my User have the Read/Write box is checked. I can't enable the recursive button for unknown reasons.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I did that process with the UI on my Docker drive, well all my data is gone...

What process? There is nothing in the OMV UI that will delete data other than removing a filesystem. It could have the wrong permissions and you can't see it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

everything is broken since this I need to reinstall OMV completely... Not sure I trust that plugin anymore

Umm, the plugin didn't break anything. The only thing it does is change permissions on a shared folder. Why do you need to reinstall OMV?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

The process of reset the perms of my Docker disk

Why did you do that? Each container might have been using a different user or user id. You just reset everything and now containers might not have permissions to the data. Re-installing OMV won't help this. You changed permissions on the filesystem.

• I have proxmox backups Ill see what I can do from there, but thats looks ugly. Maybe you're right my containers where confused because of permissions stuff which is deeply odd to me because why and how they have a look on this anyways?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe you're right my containers where confused because of permissions stuff which is deeply odd to me because why and how they have a look on this anyways?

Not sure what you are asking but if you change owner of a file from id 1000 to 1001 and group from 100 to 101 and the file is only group read/write, then you docker container won't be able to read or write the file.

• I tried chmod 777 on those file manually and I received that same error message

chmod: changing permissions of 'aquota.user': Operation not permitted

chmod: changing permissions of 'aquota.group': Operation not permitted

You can not alter the permissions on the aquota.* files because they have the immutable bit set on them. Even the root user can not do this.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the plugin itself showed that error message and stopped right there.

As it should.

• Ok ok, this plugin cant just be used to tell people it cant change aquota.user and aquota.group, it must be useful in someway else. So it break my docker drive, did nothing the my media drive, so I guess I should find I way to allow my filesystem drive to that plugin, because otherwise this plugin is just a farce ahahha

• Why do you want to change things on the aquota.* files?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• OK I dont want to change anything all I want is to be able to delete file from samba, or from my windows desktop if you prefer. So Ive heard I can reset the perms, so naively like that I did so on all my drives and it does nothing but confused my container from the docker drive. Long story short I mounted my filesystem drive and reset the perms on this drive on I still can't delete files. I gave my user all the privileges possible without success.

• Offizieller Beitrag

this plugin cant just be used to tell people it cant change aquota.user and aquota.group, it must be useful in someway else

Normally you shouldn't share the root of a filesystem when creating a shared folder. There are other things in there that shouldn't have permissions changed as well (like lost+found). The resetperms plugin is just running a simple command on the path and not trying to exclude any unknown number of files in the root of the filesystem.

So it break my docker drive,

It didn't break your docker drive. It changed the permissions as you told it to. If you don't want to reset permissions, then don't run it. It can't reset permissions to the same thing you are already had. I figured the word "reset" would tell people that.

did nothing the my media drive

Didn't need to evidently.

otherwise this plugin is just a farce ahahha

It is the simplest plugin written. It literally runs three (or four if acl checkbox is checked) standard linux commands. You are selecting sfpath (sharedfolder) and the dirperms/fileperms.

setfacl -Rb "${sfpath}"

chown -R root:users "${sfpath}"

find "${sfpath}" -type d -exec chmod "${dirperms}" {} +

find "${sfpath}" -type f -exec chmod "${fileperms}" {} +

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!