OMV 6: Cannot create bridge

• Hi there,

I upgraded last weekend without any great troubles from Buster+OMV 5.x to Bullseye+OMV 6.x. But today I had no network connectivity anymore after confirming my changes in the web GUI. Upon investigation I found out that OMV was using netplan.io and this was tampering with my hand-crafted systemd-networkd configuration.

I'd be fine to disable OMV's network configuration using netplan and use my hand-crafted config.

I'd also be fine with recreating my prior configuration using OMV's web GUI but when creating a bridge interface (better: trying to create) I can neither enter a device name nor select member interfaces. I guess this isn't how it's supposed to be.

For the moment, I manually changed netplan's config file under /etc/netplan/ and applied it but using it this way severely hampers my ability to configure OMV at all as it will always apply its own network config again.

What options do I have?

Bests,

Masin

• Offizieller Beitrag

What options do I have?

Delete all devices from the Network tab and configure by hand like you were. Then don't use the network tab.

when creating a bridge interface (better: trying to create) I can neither enter a device name nor select member interfaces.

Do you have those interfaces configured individually in the network tab? If so, remove them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Delete all devices from the Network tab and configure by hand like you were. Then don't use the network tab.

Glad to read this. Thanks.

Do you have those interfaces configured individually in the network tab? If so, remove them.

I did. But maybe I should have applied the config before trying to create the bridge. I'll give it a try tonight.

• Delete all devices from the Network tab and configure by hand like you were. Then don't use the network tab.

I added two network cards to one bridge, but the two network cards bound after the bridge was deleted disappeared in the "Network" TAB, and I don't know how to retrieve the network cards. ;(

• Offizieller Beitrag

The "ifconfig" command also does not display the network adapter.

ifconfig is old and not installed anymore. Use ip a

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!