BorgBackup plugin - commas in filenames

• Quick question: This plugin [edit: on OMV6] uses commas to separate directory names to include/exclude. How do we specify names that contain embedded commas? I've tried wrapping them in single or double quotes, and escaping the comma with a backslash, but in each case the generated copnfiguration file ends up splitting on the embedded comma.

Hope that description makes sense.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When a comma is a delimiter, you can't use it in the filename.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Unfortunately the names in question are automatically generated. I could edit the generated script manually, but that would of course get overwritten with any changes made in the (very convenient) UI. Not a major issue in this case, it was only some directories I was using for test purposes. Thought I'd ask in case it crops up anywhere else.

Thanks for responding so promptly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately the names in question are automatically generated.

What is generating them?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I think these directories are created by a document library system called Calibre, it's a while since I touched it. Its naming scheme might be configurable but, as I said, I was just using this collection of files and directories for test purposes, I can easily use something else for that. I was hoping there might be some convention for coping with embedded commas, or configurable separators or something, in case it ever comes up as a real world requirement. Probably not very likely though, so no worries.

By the way, are there any tutorials or on creating plugins that you'd recommend? I found this guide but it targets a very old version of OMV. I remember reading that converting plugins for successive versions can be quite involved so I wouldn't be surprised if that guide is quite out of date.

• Offizieller Beitrag

are there any tutorials or on creating plugins that you'd recommend?

That guide will help with everything but the web interface side on OMV 6.x. Looking at other plugins is the best way to learn. I can answer questions as well. What kind of plugin(s) were thinking about?

I was hoping there might be some convention for coping with embedded commas, or configurable separators or something, in case it ever comes up as a real world requirement.

It wouldn't be hard to change but it would break existing installs. And blindly converting a comma to the new separator might have unwanted effects.

• That guide will help with everything but the web interface side on OMV 6.x. Looking at other plugins is the best way to learn. I can answer questions as well. What kind of plugin(s) were thinking about?

OK, thanks. I don't have anything particular in mind, it's little more than curiosity at the moment - wondering what sort of things are possible, how difficult it is and what skills are needed. Any suggestions for a suitable existing to use as the basis for some sort of "Hello World" plugin?

It wouldn't be hard to change but it would break existing installs.

Understood - I'm not asking for a change.

• Offizieller Beitrag

what skills are needed

php, bash, yaml, saltstack/jinja2.

Any suggestions for a suitable existing to use as the basis for some sort of "Hello World" plugin?

Either https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/openmediavault-diskclone (simplest plugin I maintain) or https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…s/openmediavault-minidlna

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know anything about saltstack but I'm familiar with the others to varying degrees.

The saltstack part is pretty easy since it isn't really delving into inner workings on saltstack.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!