omv-firstaid not working

• Dear all,

My admin password is no longer working and when I tried to use the omv-firstaid command I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/sbin/omv-firstaid", line 92, in <module>

sys.exit(main())

File "/usr/sbin/omv-firstaid", line 57, in main

modules = load_modules()

File "/usr/sbin/omv-firstaid", line 44, in load_modules

mod = __import__(modname)

File "/usr/share/openmediavault/firstaid/modules.d/61aptclean.py", line 22, in <module>

import openmediavault.subprocess

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openmediavault.subprocess'

Could someone please help me? ;(

Thanks!

• Official Post

You have an outdated version of omv-extras installed.

sudo rm /usr/share/openmediavault/firstaid/modules.d/61aptclean.py

Then you should be able to run omv-firstaid. I recommend updating omv-extras as well.

omv 6.1.8-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 6.1 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.2.8 | compose 6.6.1 | cputemp 6.1.3 | mergerfs 6.3.5 | zfs 6.0.12

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Official Post

Assuming you are trying to login with admin, I would guess the OS disk is full?? What is the output of: df -h

plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.2.8 | compose 6.6.1 | cputemp 6.1.3 | mergerfs 6.3.5 | zfs 6.0.12

• Hi ryecooaaron,

Please see below:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /dev
    tmpfs 1.6G 12M 1.6G 1% /run
    /dev/nvme0n1p2 213G 206G 0 100% /
    tmpfs 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 7.8G 0 7.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/nvme0n1p1 511M 148K 511M 1% /boot/efi

• Official Post

• Hi ryecooaaron,

It seems like that the problem is one container from docker. It takes 196GB of space.

Could you please let me know which would be the best way to proceed without screwing up my installation?

Thanks!

Best regards

• Official Post

What container is it? plex or something? Did you try [HOWTO] free / prune space used by dockers

• rhodesfreak (or anyone who is interested in the HW platform) sorry to bump your old thread, but dont see a way to dm you - I read in your last years post you run your OMV on an EliteDesk 800 USDT (like mine) and you have 2 discs, 2TB and 4 TB using the cd rom disk caddy; can I ask you where you connected these 2 additional drives?

This is the motherboard showing the connectors:

hardware-corner.net/wp-content/uploads/compare/HP_EliteDesk_800_G1_USDT_motherboard.jpg

When you wrote "cd rom disk caddy" you prob meant where they fit in, but did you connect them externally via USB or did you find another way? (...the optical drive is obsolete, maybe use that connector)

Many Thanks for any ideas

• Official Post

When you wrote "cd rom disk caddy" you prob meant where they fit in, but did you connect them externally via USB or did you find another way?

I assume he was referring to something like this. https://www.amazon.es/Salcar-p…sd&qid=1662080897&sr=8-58

61YaXkbX8uL._AC_SL1300_.jpg

• chente Thank you, yes - a 2,5" caddy for the blue SATA port (+power)

I now learned there are 3 possible (on)Board drive connections as it stands:

• SATA0 Hard drive connector (original OS and only drive)
    • mSATA Mini-SATA (needs adaptor,converter card/cable)
    • SATA3 Optical drive (incl separate power)

I assume that;s how @rhodesfreak did his conversion/expansion.

So this indeed makes this box a good (basic) base for a OMV NAS, with one small(ish) OS drive and 2 big 2,5" Storage drives, right?

...or do I miss a big obstacle somewhere to set up OMV on this platform?

true?v=v2&px=999

• Official Post

SATA0 Hard drive connector (original OS and only drive)
    mSATA Mini-SATA (needs adaptor,converter card/cable)
    SATA3 Optical drive (incl separate power)

For the OMV operating system you can safely use a USB drive. In fact it is one of the usual recommendations in this forum. This way you free up a port. I would try to find out if that SATA0 port allows the connection of a standard disk, it looks strange in that photo.

For the mSATA port there are adapters to SATA, even with several ports. You must find the appropriate size of the card.

ms00400-01-thumbnail-1080x1080-70.jpg

And what is the X1PCI EXP1 port? Maybe it allows more disk connections.

If you add many disks check the power of the power supply.

As for the 2.5" disks, they will help with consumption, but it is more difficult to find disks prepared for a NAS. Make sure they are not SMR, they must be CMR. And be careful with the thickness, the 2,5" disks of great capacity are usually higher than normal. I don't know how the box is, maybe you can't install 3,5" drives.

...or do I miss a big obstacle somewhere to set up OMV on this platform?

I don't see why you can't mount a NAS on this platform.

• For the mSATA port there are adapters to SATA, even with several ports.

How Cool is that! - I did not know such a thing exists, thanks! ...unfortunately I can;t (yet) locate such a double/Raid adaptor (g413001 rev1 msata to sata x2 adapter) not on ebay, nor amazon.

Generally I havent even found a fitting adapter yet, as there is so little space underneath (once the Steel drive tray is mounted inside the USDT) that no drive (directly attached to the mSata) would fit underneath it. (photos)

I see some potential adapters on ebay, but it is hard to tell if they would fit without physically trying.

is more difficult to find disks prepared for a NAS. Make sure they are not SMR, they must be CMR.

Thanks again, that was something I didnt know..will leran about how to differentiate the difference

• Official Post

unfortunately I can;t (yet) locate such a double/Raid adaptor (g413001 rev1 msata to sata x2 adapter) not on ebay, nor amazon.

Just make sure the length is the same as your motherboard socket and that the driver works fine with debian.

Look on aliexpress, there is a lot.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item…2110000000300583023%21rec

https://es.aliexpress.com/item…2110000001862492750%21rec

https://es.aliexpress.com/item…2112000026499289021%21rec

https://es.aliexpress.com/item…17412436462612778179997_2

https://es.aliexpress.com/item…2112000028893889757%21rec

• "...on aliexpress, there is a lot."

wow, even with 5+(up to 20 Sata ports!) in a HP USDT though, such vertical cabling upwards would prevent using the old drive caddy to fit. To still be able to use the old Drive port above and use one of these mSata adaptors underneath, one could modify/re-solder the black sata plug to horizontal (like in the Adaptor photo I posted further below) then it would fit.

havent even found a fitting adapter yet, as there is so little space underneath

What I have found so far which would most likely fit are tiny/flat mSata SSD drives, there are some 128GB on Ali, surprisingly cheap starting from 11£ (1005003038691474)

and relatively flat "Cable"-adaptors, (1005002584519173) looking like this:

s-l1600.jpg

Mini PCIe, NVMe

Ah, reading Wiki on NVMe there seems to be another additional option to connect a SSD via the PCI, will keep it in mind.

it is more difficult to find disks prepared for a NAS. Make sure they are not SMR, they must be CMR

...another question on your above hint:

this you meant for the actual NAS drives - the OS drive can be an old/regular one I guess?

• Official Post

this you meant for the actual NAS drives

Yes

the OS drive can be an old/regular one I guess?

For the OMV operating system I would use a USB flash drive. That's what I do. You release a sata port and you have the facility to create backups. The openmediavault-flashmemory plugin will prevent that drive from dying in no time.

• a) I don't know how the box is, maybe you can't install 3,5" drives b) Make sure they are not SMR, they must be CMR.

Hi again chente, clarification and question:

a) that is correct, this box hasn't got space for 3.5, any 2.5" would need to be somehow outside (the reason I'd like to use this 800 USDT (the same platform @rhodesfreak uses and how I found this thread) is because it's small and meant for 19v DC as we'll use it in an offGrid location (main power is DC, not AC from the regular grid)

b) I suppose that CMR is a real MUST then, not just an option for better speed or such (* EDIT below)

Reading up on and choosing drives regards CMR vs SMR I now see that there atre basically no 2.5" CMRs around "anything above 500GB in 2.5" form is SMR nowadays (and has been for quite a while). ... a 2.5" drive predating SMR likely wouldn't be 1tb."

So I'll have to house 2 x 3,5" CMR drives externally. I guess that's how rhodesfreak did it as well. (Would love to see a pic of his setup)

* addOn regarding CMR vs SMR, I understand now why CMR is important. However identifying CMR when buying discs needs special attention as I read, as it is often not clearly stated (https://techwiser.com/smr-vs-cmr-drives-comparison/)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!