Intel QuickSync transcoding with Jellyfin

• My server running OpenMediaVault 6 has an Intel Celeron J4105 CPU which should be capable of handling a 4k transcode. Jellyfin runs in a docker container which I setup using Portainer. It also has ffmpeg version 4.4.1 according to the logs. Added the OMV user for this container to the render privilege group as well. This is the docker-compose stack:

I've tried to follow the Hardware acceleration guide in the Jellyfin docs, link. It seems like VA-API first has to be setup and after that Intel QuickSync can be added, it also seems like SQV is now in the standard Jellyfin image so there would be no need to install Intel drivers separately (which a guide on this forum said to do, but their GitHub hadn't been updated for a few years). Checked in /dev/dri and both card0 and renderD128 are there. 

After step 2 of the VA-API hardware acceleration part in the guide it already goes wrong, step 1 works and I get the same results as in the documentation and step 2 I checked in a log. I however don't know what to do at step 3 and step 4 gives errors. When trying to transcode something now it says some stuff in the Jellyfin logs which all end like this:

Code
    Stream mapping:
     Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (hevc (native) -> h264 (h264_vaapi))
     Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (aac (native) -> aac (native))
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
    [h264_vaapi @ 0x560739b4aa80] Driver does not support VBR RC mode (supported modes: CQP).
    Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
    [aac @ 0x56073762d2c0] Qavg: 65536.000
    [aac @ 0x56073762d2c0] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
    Conversion failed!

If anyone could help or perhaps send me to a helpful tutorial (as I couldn't find one, or at least now ones that seemed out of date) that would be great.

• Eison

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!