After installed docker I can't update the openmediavault

• Hi.

I've installed OMV 6.0.29-1. then OMV-Extrass, then docker, and I'am trying to update the system in GUI and I get an error

Zitat

500 - Internal Server ErrorThe package archive is held by another process. Please try again later.

When I remove docker, I can update the system from GUI.

Always update on ssh is working fine, with and without docker.

thx.

• lexmark3200

Hat den Titel des Themas von „After installed docker I, can't Update the openmediavault“ zu „After installed docker I can't update the openmediavault“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Installing docker should not do that. Can you post the output from installing docker?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Can you post the output from installing docker?

Yes, but I don't know if this is what you want ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I stoped it from console:

service docker stop,

I can update the system and the plugins.

But when docker is running I get an errorr.

That isn't right though. docker shouldn't do anything with apt. If you start docker and then post the output from:

ps aux | grep -E "apt|dpkg"

sudo omv-aptclean

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ps aux | grep -E "apt|dpkg"

Code
    root       35500  0.0  0.0   6312   648 pts/0    S+   20:07   0:00 grep -E apt|dpkg

sudo omv-aptclean

• Offizieller Beitrag

Everything looks good there. apt should work with docker running.

• I think that, I will try to install a fresh system. Maybe something went wrong. That is new instalation without any settings. I started set up the system, installed docker and then tap the update system and I got the error.

• I ran into the same problem when upgrading from OMV5 to OMV6, and hoped that it would resolve when upgrading to OMV7, but id didn't unfortunatly, i couldn't install openmediavault-md after upgrading to OMV7, but after finding this post and stopping docker i could.

Sorry for necroing an old thread, but since i had the same problem, didn't want to make a new topic for it.

Can't post outputs aswell, to many lines.

Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
    A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.

• ps aux | grep -E "apt|dpkg"

Code
    ps aux | grep -E "apt|dpkg"
    root      397598  0.0  0.0   6332  2056 pts/0    S+   10:42   0:00 grep -E apt|dpkg

omv-aptclean

omv_logs.txt

Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
    A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!