openmediavault-flushmailq

• Good day!

Sorry for my bad English. :(

I received mail from OMV:
    /etc/cron.hourly/openmediavault-flushmailq:
    postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory hold: No such file or directory
    run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/openmediavault-flushmailq exited with return code 1

What is it?

• It is a cron job to delete mail in the Postfix server. System messages would build up and take a lot of space if this was not done.

You have notifications enabled so the Postfix server is turned on so it can send e-mail. What version of OMV are you using? I don't use notifications but it seems only e-mails should be sent for the items you check marked. I noticed on OMV 1 e-mails are being sent on system messages not checked in the notifications section.

PS- Don't worry about your English. If someone is critical of a person's English here they will have problems with me. ;)

• I can confirm this issue. Same just happened for me. OMV 0.5.0.24

Zitat

/etc/cron.hourly/openmediavault-flushmailq:
    postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory hold: No such file or directory
    run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/openmediavault-flushmailq exited with return code 1

• A bit old thread, but I resolved this issue like this:

Code
    ls -la /var/spool/

If you find that the postfix directory is owned by root or anything that's not postfix
    Like at me:

Code
    drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 4096 Jul 20 22:07 postfix

Run:

Code
    chown -R postfix /var/spool/postfix

It will fix the emailing, and you will receive the test email...

Zitat

This is an automatically generated mail message from the system notification service running on XY.

• I know the topic is old but I have encountered the same issue on OMV5 (upgraded from OMV4).

The issue is that directory hold does not exists.

As such the solution is:
    1. cd /var/spool/postfix

2. mkdir hold

3. chown -R postfix /var/spool/postfix

4. chmod -R 644 /var/spool/postfix

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!