OMV6 No Updates? Update Management returns nothing...

• But why are you doing this? There is no need to do this.

I know, I just noticed this behaviour when I was exploring the options after install of OMV6 and wondered where the 2 updates went. Thought oh they must have been pre-release or community updates, but they're not, so checking to see if there might be a problem with updates...

If 0 updates is the correct status, then I'm good, I will continue setting up the rest.

• rsyslog 8.2204.1-1~bpo11+1

libldap-2.4-2 2.4.59+dfsg-1~bpo11+1

If those are official updates from Debian (as they seem to be) and it's not showing or not updated on your system them check what is going on:

Are you using Backports?

Did you change anything on the sources list?

Check the apt lists and see if you spot any error on them

• Offizieller Beitrag

~bpo11+1 are coming from backports so I think you have enabled that at some point. Here is what my system shows.

Code
    root@omvad3:~# dpkg -l |grep rsyslog
    ii  rsyslog                           8.2102.0-2+deb11u1             amd64        reliable system and kernel logging daemon

root@omvad3:~# dpkg -l |grep  libldap
    ii  libldap-2.4-2:amd64               2.4.57+dfsg-3+deb11u1          amd64        OpenLDAP libraries
    root@omvad3:~# 

So set the options you want and the apt clean all. Then if it comes back reinstall.

• ~bpo11+1 are coming from backports so I think you have enabled that at some point. Here is what my system shows.

Code
    root@omvad3:~# dpkg -l |grep rsyslog
    ii  rsyslog                           8.2102.0-2+deb11u1             amd64        reliable system and kernel logging daemon

root@omvad3:~# dpkg -l |grep  libldap
    ii  libldap-2.4-2:amd64               2.4.57+dfsg-3+deb11u1          amd64        OpenLDAP libraries
    root@omvad3:~# 

So set the options you want and the apt clean all. Then if it comes back reinstall.

I wouldn't know how to enable backports, unless that comes from the "Pre-release updates" in settings, in which case that may be where those come from, somehow cached from earlier setting this.

I have the same installed:

Code
    dpkg -l |grep  -E "libldap|rsyslog"
    ii  libldap-2.4-2:amd64              2.4.57+dfsg-3+deb11u1          amd64        OpenLDAP libraries
    ii  rsyslog                          8.2102.0-2+deb11u1             amd64        reliable system and kernel logging daemon

apt clean all changed nothing. but happy to ignore these in that case...

Thanks

• I wouldn't know how to enable backports, unless that comes from the "Pre-release updates" in settings, in which case that may be where those come from, somehow cached from earlier setting this.

The backports is set on the omv-extras settings:

There is also a way to set the backports by editing the sources-list (for eg, when you want to install wireguard).

If you don't need it, then you also don't need to activate it.

• The backports is set on the omv-extras settings:

There is also a way to set the backports by editing the sources-list (for eg, when you want to install wireguard).

If you don't need it, then you also don't need to activate it.

I installed omv-extras for docker and portainer but never touched or made any manual change to alter any source-list or backports options. ...but there it is ticked.

I see there a few things installed from there, so what happens if I disable backports, they revert to core debian version?

bluez-firmware/bullseye-backports,now 1.2-7~bpo11+1 all [installed]

e2fsprogs/bullseye-backports,now 1.46.5-2~bpo11+2 amd64 [installed]

libext2fs2/bullseye-backports,now 1.46.5-2~bpo11+2 amd64 [installed]

linux-image-5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64/bullseye-backports,now 5.16.12-1~bpo11+1 amd64 [installed,automatic]

linux-image-amd64/bullseye-backports,now 5.16.12-1~bpo11+1 amd64 [installed]

• Just my two cents. I am a testing guy myself. I press buttons and play with settings in a test environment just to get familiar with everything or to check if my understanding is correct. This way I probably just found s security vulnerability in a SSO software where I am glad to help devs to fix it.

I think what chazzieB describes is just a strange behavior and he is looking for answers just to understand and also to fix if sth might be broken. No offense guys but things like „You don’t need it so just don’t tick it“ are really not of any help. In contrary, it can be pretty frustrating. From my point of view he did not ask anything stupid. He is literally fighting for serious answers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No offense guys but things like „You don’t need it so just don’t tick it“ are really not of any help. In contrary, it can be pretty frustrating. From my point of view he did not ask anything stupid. He is literally fighting for serious answers.

I'm all for testing and I never said don't tick them. I did say they don't have any packages and it doesn't make sense to leave them ticked. I just wondered why someone would keep turning them on and off after I thought we fixed it and I said what they were seeing was probably a client side caching issue. I thought I gave serious answers and was not able to replicate. There are infinite numbers of browser configs. You could spend all day trying to figure out what is causing a client side glitch. And it was confirmed to be a glitch because apt-get dist-upgrade showed no updates. So, if that isn't good enough and is still "frustrating" then I guess we are understaffed. More people need to step up to the plate to help instead of just telling us we are frustrating them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's no more frustrating to the one's that ask for help than to those that try to help.

When help is needed, it's good when it's for valid reasons and not because I just decided to "chmod user:users /" and found out my server doesn't work anymore.

Sorry, this is just an (a bad) example.

• hi,

i had these updates listed on a few new OMV6... a lot of cleans with omvextras commands or "apt-get clean && apt-get autoclean" but these two lines came again and again.

I wonder if i fixed this "with CTRL-R, cleaning cache, or CTRL-SHIFT-R" on new omv6, or if i reinstall all omv 6 from .iso from scratch on new clean ssd. I did it a lot these 2 months.

@ryecoaaron, you help a lot here, all we know that.

• A reinstall seems a bit much. What 2 lines are you referring to?

yes of course, but sometimes, you go faster with fresh reinstall. Yesterday evening, i did that, and it works great with a few sets. better than my last week . but yes, a little bit too much ^^

• Offizieller Beitrag

yes of course, but sometimes, you go faster with fresh reinstall. Yesterday evening, i did that, and it works great with a few sets. better than my last week . but yes, a little bit too much ^^

LOL. I won't argue that. I've done reinstalls many times rather than ttrouble shoot a problem, but usually on laptops/desktops... Servers have generally not given me significant issues (but it's happened a couple times).

• the 2 lines=2 items to update, in update managment section were there during a couple of days even if i click on update and update... always present... like previous screen in previous messages in this thread.

ps: i'm running an omv5->6 upgrade, with anything else than omv, without plugins.

in previous upgrade, i had to change some lines in sources.list

Code
    genna:> nano /etc/apt/sources.list

## à changer 
    #deb https://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye/updates main contrib non-free 
    #deb-src https://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye/updates main contrib non-free 
    ## par ces 2 lignes :
    deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ bullseye-security main deb-src
    http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ bullseye-security main

but this evening, no issue, no warning message, because certainly without any plugin or stuff

• A reinstall seems a bit much. What 2 lines are you referring to?

i got it, just in time, during my OMV5->6 upgrade.

As you can see, even after ctrl-shift-r, or reboot, these update items are still present.

i'm going to change 2 lines in sources.list

• As you can see, even after ctrl-shift-r, or reboot, these update items are still present.

Run omv-upgrade from CLI

• Run omv-upgrade from CLI

already done, and it is the way i choose to upgrade to OMV6.

but now, after a clean OMV6, except these 2 previous items, i fixed it with this:

Code
    apt-get update

apt-get dist-upgrade

and now,

Code
    Reading package lists... Done
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

so, fixed. Thanks all guys

• Offizieller Beitrag

It was least about you and certainly not about all your answers. I just skimmed the thread and felt like ok if I were OP that would be pretty frustrating to me.

If it was any of my answer, I should stop wasting my time typing them. And if the OP is frustrated with answers received, maybe that is the sign to focus on something else. Sure it is a glitch and you *have* to know the answer but there are better things to worry about. If the problem was causing the system to not work as a NAS, that would be different. But that isn't the case.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!