Upgrade from Centos 8 to OMV6

• Guys,

I have a large media box that runs Centos 8 with RAID6 and LVM disks that have been put together over the years.

I back it up across the wire to an OMV 6 box that is working fine.

When reading through the information regarding the new version i saw that there was specific mention that disks created outside of OMV would no longer show up in the UI for management.

When i have converted previously (to OMV5) the system was able to see and bring in the LVM and MDADM raid configs and i was able to then do ongoing management through the GUI.

Am i reading the new doco incorrectly or will i lose this ability if i upgrade/Cross Grade this large storage server from Centos to OMV ?

Would i see a different result if i was to first install Debian and import the disk configs into Debian and then install OMV over the top ?

Craig

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm, When I clean installed 6 (from 5) I had no problem mounting my drives in the webUI (I do not use RAID, LVM, etc.).

That said, I would *think* as long as you can mount them at the command line level, you can use the root share plugin and just use it to start adding shared folders that are on your LVM/Raid to the webUI.

That's basically how the ZFS plugin works (I also don't use zfs).

• OK good to know thanks for replying.

I will perform a full backup as well as a clone of the system drive before i put in a new boot disk and install OMV to that and then try and do the import and see how we go

Craig

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!