Check Flash memory plugin is really working

• Offizieller Beitrag

Or just look at the flashmemory plugin tab and see the status. It should say "running". The flashmemory plugin doesn't remove ALL writes. Every few seconds is much better than non-stop all day long.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you SSH your server and run the "mount" command, you should see options that are "folder2ram" mounted as a "tmpfs". To my knowledge, that means it's working. Are you sure you haven't done something like put your containers on your flash drive etc?

Yes, that's what I've done. Just realised. But I have disabled Docker logs, and have mounted the required drives inside the container (eg resilio is syncing other drives, not the system drive, and not logging either). So there shouldn't really be anything Docker related writing to the system drive. Right?

I've explored the disk io options (iostat, iotop, dstat etc) but can't really see what process is writing to the system drive (jbd2 is shown).

If I really wanted to hunt down what is writing to the system drive after I've confirmed the flash memory is running, how would I do this? What do you guys use?

I should probably get a portable ssd and use that as the boot disk over usb and my woes will be over...

• I should probably get a portable ssd and use that as the boot disk over usb and my woes will be over...

I ran OMV on a 2.5in SSD in a external USB case for years. I switched to a USB stick three years ago and run the FlashMemory plugin. No problems. I figure that if the USB stick hasn't burned out by now it probably won't ever. OMV runs 24/7 here with a dozen dockers and has only been rebooted when upgrading the kernel or adding a new hard drive.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I went from killing SD cards in two days or less to having an sbc board run over three years on an SD card with flashmemory. Got even more years on systems with usb sticks.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!