Bond 2x1Gb limited to 1Gb

• Hello,

I have my OMV 5 connected with 2x1Gb to an unmanaged switch (Supports Jumbo Frames) and so my Synology nas also with 2x1Gb. My nas only supports Balance-SLB and Balance-TCP (IEEE 802.3ad LACP), is there a way to get a 2Gb connection between those two devices? Jumbo Frames activated on both devices didn't really help.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there a way to get a 2Gb connection between those two devices?

Nope. You get 2Gb of bandwidth but each stream can still only be 1Gb.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would there be any possible way, if I had a managed switch?

Nope. There is nothing that I know of that can split a single stream across two network adapters.

Or is there no other way to get a stream above 1Gb besides using 10Gb?

or 2.5 gig adapters. If you only have two systems, buy two 10gb mellanox adapters from ebay and a cable from amazon. Then connect them directly together.

What are you trying to accomplish other than just faster speed?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Nope. There is nothing that I know of that can split a single stream across two network adapters.

or 2.5 gig adapters. If you only have two systems, buy two 10gb mellanox adapters from ebay and a cable from amazon. Then connect them directly together.

What are you trying to accomplish other than just faster speed?

well, I have a linux server and a synology nas as storage, I'd like to increase the speed between those two devices. My nas got only 4x1Gb tho. Often that 1Gb connection is the bottleneck. I hoped I can take two of the 4 links and combine them.

• Offizieller Beitrag

While you can't improve the speed of one file being copied, you could start parallel jobs finish faster which is should be the equivalent of a faster connection. If you use rsync, you could run two at a time on the same folders.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!