WOL Wake on Lan Feature?

• Hey Folks,

I was curious if WOL (Wake on Lan) works on OMV6?

If so could you please advise me how-to, or point me to instructions on how this is possible.

I simply need the OMV Host to shut down while not being used (10PM) automatically to conserve energy , and allow me to send a WOL Packet to the unit to wake it up when i need to use it. I think I did see where it can be programed to suspend and powerup via a schedule.

Thanks in Advance for your suggestions..

• WOL is a feature you have to enable in the BIOS of your computer - if it allows for it.

Nothing OMV can do if it is switched off.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Yes. WOL works with OMV. You should have a BIOS that supports WOL with that option enabled, if you have a stand alone network card, it should support WOL, your router should have support to broadcast packages and assigned ip of OMV server should be on same subnet of router and wake device, and enable WOL support on OMV network config. Although wireless WOL exists, it is far less common and should be harder to comply all the requirements... for wired wol, I made it work on multiple configurations for the last 10 years, so i think that almost all equipment in this time span should be compatible.

A good guide is this: https://www.lifewire.com/wake-on-lan-4149800

| OMV 6.1.7-1 Shaitan | AMD64 | Ryzen 3 3200G | 1x1TB SATA HDD (System) | 1x4TB SATA HDD Data 1x2TB SATA HDD Backup (Rsync) |

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lfalonso ()

• Thanks everyone. I'm very familiar with WOL and use it on several networked devices on my network. However it doesn't seem to function on the Dell Wyse thin client I'm running OMV6 on.

The bios says it supports WOL, but it seems unable to function. So now I don't think it's OMV6 rather a problem with the hardware.

I'll check in to this and post my findings.

Thank you for your confirmation that OMV6 does support WOL.

• On some systems, if you enable deep sleep states in BIOS, you couldn't wake up by wol even with WOL enabled in BIOS. You can check that.

| OMV 6.1.7-1 Shaitan | AMD64 | Ryzen 3 3200G | 1x1TB SATA HDD (System) | 1x4TB SATA HDD Data 1x2TB SATA HDD Backup (Rsync) |

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!