How I got the exfat filesystem working with write permissions

• There is a very very difficult guide to follow up on here from 2016 and I thought I would just add this as the solution required a LOT more research than I liked.

Many thanks to the guide and forcing me to learn a lot of info I was interested in regardless how stupid I wanted to be and fudge a quick solution.

Step 1 - Mount EXFAT Drive w/ OMV.

Step 2 - Install 'exfat-fuse' via debian commands

Step 3 - Run debian command 'nano /etc/fstab/' and change

'/dev/disk/by-uuid/D82B-3942 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-D82B-4952 exfat defaults,nofail 0 2'

into to

'/dev/disk/by-uuid/D82B-3942 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-D82B-4952 exfat-fuse defaults,uid=0,gid=100, 0 0'

it's just that easy. (jk it is riddled with un-mentioned caveats but this should keep it after rebooting until you change setting in omv again)

time to write to some smb shares.

• Agricola

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Run debian command 'nano /etc/fstab/' and change

Moving from guides because this is not something you should do. You never want to edit fstab inside the omv tags. They will get reverted on any filesystem change or reboot. You would be better off to create an fstab entry outside of the omv tags and then create shared folders after installing the sharerootfs plugin.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• or modify /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and edit the mount option of this disk and apply a small change.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

or modify /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and edit the mount option of this disk and apply a small change.

That is worth a shot. I haven't tried that to see if it breaks the filesystem tab due to an unknown filesystem type.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!