omv-Backup 6.05 hdd does not spindown anymore

• after upgrading omv-backup plugin to 6.05 the hdd does not spindown anymore. Workaround is a reboot after completing backup.

Also selected borgbackup seems not to be executed anymore

Hardware: odroid-hc4, samsung 870 EVO 1TB (sda), WD60EFZX (sdb), BS: armbian-bullseye with OMV 6.0.46-5 fs: ext4 no raid

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von charly () aus folgendem Grund: add additional info

• Offizieller Beitrag

after upgrading omv-backup plugin to 6.05 the hdd does not spindown anymore.

I'm not sure why the backup plugin would affect hdd spindown. All it does is run a script unless that script is never finishing or not not finishing in the timeframe you expect.

Also selected borgbackup seems not to be executed anymore

Not sure what that means but you aren't giving any info that can help diagnose the problem.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• after upgrading omv-backup plugin to 6.05 the hdd does not spindown anymore. Workaround is a reboot after completing backup. Also selected borgbackup seems not to be executed anymore

Hardware: odroid-hc4, samsung 870 EVO 1TB (sda), WD60EFZX (sdb), BS: armbian-bullseye with OMV 6.0.46-5 fs: ext4 no raid

• I'm not sure why the backup plugin would affect hdd spindown. All it does is run a script unless that script is never finishing or not not finishing in the timeframe you expect.

Not sure what that means but you aren't giving any info that can help diagnose the problem.

I've searched the log, but did not find anything relevant. After restoring the 6.04 version of the backup-script the selected borgbackup is executed again and the hdd also spins down again. So there must be a Problem with the 6.05 version. The reason my be, that the backup-script does not finish, but i have no idea how to create some debug-log

• Offizieller Beitrag

i have no idea how to create some debug-log

sudo /usr/sbin/omv-backup

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Are you sure the plugin is the problem?

Have you followed my guide to use the new hd-idle rewrite?

I am still running the backup plugin 6.0.4 , yet I have the same issue, but it's caused by hd-idle getting stuck after resuming the system from standby.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• because I have an armbian system my boot-partition is on sdcard, the root partition is on an 1TB SSD with gpt. with omv-backup 6.0.5 an dd of EFI is created. It seems to be, that in my case the backup-script trys to make a dd of the whole SSD (1TB). Thereofore it does not come to an end in an adequate time.

• Are you sure the plugin is the problem?

Have you followed my guide to use the new hd-idle rewrite?

I am still running the backup plugin 6.0.4 , yet I have the same issue, but it's caused by hd-idle getting stuck after resuming the system from standby.

• I have a WD-Red hdd. this hdd seem to have a problem with hdparm. Therefore I have disabled hdparm and I use hd-idle.

• Offizieller Beitrag

because I have an armbian system my boot-partition is on sdcard, the root partition is on an 1TB SSD with gpt. with omv-backup 6.0.5 an dd of EFI is created. It seems to be, that in my case the backup-script trys to make a dd of the whole SSD (1TB). Thereofore it does not come to an end in an adequate time.

The backup plugin probably won't work on your system. It assume the OS stuff is on the same disk and would look for an esp partition on your SSD because it has a gpt partition table. It would be a pain to support this because it is effectively multiple root devices. Not sure if I want to do that.

• The backup plugin probably won't work on your system. It assume the OS stuff is on the same disk and would look for an esp partition on your SSD because it has a gpt partition table. It would be a pain to support this because it is effectively multiple root devices. Not sure if I want to do that.

A couple of quick and dirty fixes:

- ignore the boot partition if boot and system partitions are not on the same drive

- option to disable the EFI/boot partition backup

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

• Offizieller Beitrag

- ignore the boot partition if boot and system partitions are not on the same drive

The boot partition is very important on arm systems though.

option to disable the EFI/boot partition backup

That would be confusing. People already ask how to use the plugin and the only real setting is backup type. I need to rewrite the plugin to handle these non-standard installs and it complicates using the plugin.

• The boot partition is very important on arm systems though.

That would be confusing. People already ask how to use the plugin and the only real setting is backup type. I need to rewrite the plugin to handle these non-standard installs and it complicates using the plugin.

I feel guilty because I am the one who asked for the EFI backup...

Maybe the plugin could scan all disks and backup the partition with the boot flag and formatted FAT32?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe the plugin could scan all disks and backup the partition with the boot flag and formatted FAT32?

Easier said than done. What if there are two?

• A couple of quick and dirty fixes:

- option to disable the EFI/boot partition backup

an option to disable EFI/boot partition backup is perfectly OK for me

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!