quota limits per share?

• I want to use my NAS to both be a storage for my files and a timemachine backup for my mac. I have 1 filesystem with multiple shares for general file storage and one for my timemachine. From what I can gather I need to create a user and put a quota on it to limit the the size timemachine can use or it will use up the whole filesystem. However this user quota is set per file system, not per share, so the limit apply to all the share folders. Is there a way to set a quota per share?. Do i need to create another filesystem just for timemachine? Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to set a quota per share?

No.

Do i need to create another filesystem just for timemachine?

Since timemachine just fills whatever you point it at, yes. You could use LVM to create logical volumes for each share. Then it would be easy to set quotas for each share. If you leave some space in the volume group, you can expand any share that ran out of space.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!