• Hello,

I have this config on snapRAID:

3 x 4 TB for data

1 x 4 TB for parity

status of the filesystem:

When running the sync on snapRAID I got: outofparity disk space

Code
    Self test...
    Loading state from /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-33b0457f-fc58-43c6-817b-42e1320157ec/snapraid.content...
    Scanning disk data1...
    Scanning disk data2...
    Scanning disk data3...
    WARNING! Ignoring special 'block-device' file '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-6dd5a9d3-7e22-40bc-99f9-c4ae68440b98/docker/volumes/backingFsBlockDev'
    Using 1094 MiB of memory for the file-system.
    Initializing...
    Resizing...
    Failed to allocate all the required parity space. You miss 99209183232 bytes.

Should I delete the snapraid.parity file and resync again?

Concerning the snapRAID, what are the best cronjobs to be sure everything is ok on SNAPRAID because I have this on the snaRAID status:

thank you for your help

• The requirement for the size of a parity drive is actually a bit more than the size of the largest data drive in the array. The first thing to try is to be sure you don't have the standard 5% of the drive space set aside as reserved blocks. I don't know if OMV formats drives with the 5% reserved or not but you can check and see.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The requirement for the size of a parity drive is actually a bit more than the size of the largest data drive in the array. The first thing to try is to be sure you don't have the standard 5% of the drive space set aside as reserved blocks. I don't know if OMV formats drives with the 5% reserved or not but you can check and see.

how can I check that?

• Not sure what the answer to that question is but this is from the SnapRAID manual:

In Linux, to get more space for the parity, it's recommended to format the parity file-system with the -m 0 -T largefile4 options. Like:

Code
    mkfs.ext4 -m 0 -T largefile4 DEVICE

On a 8 TB disk you can save about 400 GB. This is also expected to be as fast as the default, if not faster.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• Not sure what the answer to that question is but this is from the SnapRAID manual:

In Linux, to get more space for the parity, it's recommended to format the parity file-system with the -m 0 -T largefile4 options. Like:

Code
    mkfs.ext4 -m 0 -T largefile4 DEVICE

On a 8 TB disk you can save about 400 GB. This is also expected to be as fast as the default, if not faster.

if I do that the parity disk will be formated, no risk of losing any data?

• You'll lose the parity info but gain disk space, assuming the parity drive was formatted in standard ext4 manner first time. You can then recreate the parity but you're taking a risk if a data disk fails during parity recreation, unless the data is backed up elsewhere?

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

• There is no need to format the disk and lose all the data. Use the tune2fs program.

https://ma.ttias.be/change-res…t3-ext4-filesystem-linux/

I'm using XFS.

I deleted some files (500GB) I don't need anymore and the sync worked out.

now my 2nd question:

Concerning the snapRAID, what are the best cronjobs to be sure everything is ok on SNAPRAID

is this script working on OMV6?

Externer Inhalt gist.github.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• There's a script already in OMV6 and you'll find similar elsewhere.

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

• luckyzor use my script (link in the signature). As far as I know is the best, simply because many are broken or not updated.

I know it's not nice to say but: my friend you need new drives, you're almost out of space! That red bar...

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• I don't use it. I use this one with some changes:

Externer Inhalt gist.github.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Changes:

1) Install the discount package.

2) Make this change in line 432 (change python -m markdown to markdown)

#$MAIL_BIN -a 'Content-Type: text/html' -s "$SUBJECT" "$EMAIL_ADDRESS" < <(python -m markdown $TMP_OUTPUT)

$MAIL_BIN -a 'Content-Type: text/html' -s "$SUBJECT" "$EMAIL_ADDRESS" < <(markdown $TMP_OUTPUT)

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• The inbuilt script can be configured from the SnapRAID plugin. I modified my one slightly as doing 100% scrub takes a long time, longer than my device is powered up daily.

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

• is this a good script for what we need with Snapraid?

diff / sync / scrub?

As I said above, if you want more features you can use my script linked in the signature.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

• luckyzor

Trying your script I get this:

Please update your config file to the latest version. The current file is not compatible with this script!

/bin/python3: No module named markdown

I got the latest zip from Github.

apt install python-markdown does not work but

apt install python3-markdown does, but still an error message minus the python bit.

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

• The script is not updated for Debian 11 - actually is very old.

You can try my script instead, it won't show an error.

• Sorry my mistake it was the auanasgheps script I tried and it gave the above error messages. OMV6.

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!