Starting/configuring services lead to internal server-error 500

• Hi out there.

After upgrading from 5>6 and rebooting successfully i'm stuck to some errors when activating services such as ftp or nut. I found out, I'm not alone with error 500 but didn't manage to solve this issue in web-gui.

As log exceeds the limit of 10000 chars, i attachd the log.

Does anyone know, what to do?

thnx

• Pfeifenraucher

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Starting/configuering services lead to internal server-error 500“ zu „Starting/configuring services lead to internal server-error 500“ geändert.
  • Due to no response, maybe due to lack of information, tried to fix it by reading some posts.

I found out, there are files absent, but don't know why they have to be reinstalled by apt reinstall openmediavault:

Afterwards I did following steps:

1. omv-mkaptidx

2. omv-salt deploy run fstab

3. apt install -f

No change by repeating fix5to6upgrade.sh and above steps.

Starting Service like ftp leads to file service ftp start log.txt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have the directory /srv/ftp?

Post the output of

ls -al /srv

• If the directory does not exist:

Code
    sudo mkdir /srv/ftp
    sudo chown ftp:nogroup /srv/ftp
    sudo chmod 755 /srv/ftp

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Code
    doom@omv:/srv# ls -alh
    insgesamt 20K
    drwxr-xr-x  5 root root 4,0K 19. Jul 11:06 .
    drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 4,0K 20. Jul 11:52 ..
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   28 29. Apr 2019  Datengrab -> dev-disk-by-label-Datengrab/
    drwxrwxr-x  8 root root 4,0K 30. Jul 2019  dev-disk-by-label-Datengrab
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4,0K 22. Jul 08:57 pillar
    drwxr-xr-x  7 root root 4,0K 22. Jul 08:57 salt

I followed these commands and restarted fix5to6upgrade and got next answers:

Code
    doom@omv:~# ./fix5to6upgrade.sh >> fix5to6upgrade-log.txt
    ./fix5to6upgrade.sh: line 64: omv-mkaptidx: command not found
    dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting '/etc/pam.d/openmediavault' with
      different file '/etc/pam.d/openmediavault.real', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting '/etc/pam.d/openmediavault-common-auth' with
      different file '/etc/pam.d/openmediavault-common-auth.real', not allowed
    dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting '/etc/pam.d/openmediavault-webgui' with
      different file '/etc/pam.d/openmediavault-webgui.real', not allowed

Ok, this seems to work so far, despite of these pam-files.

I thought, nut was solved as well, but it wasn't. The service fails to start twice.

• It compains about: omv-mkaptidx: command not found

which means /usr/sbin is not in your path.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Ähm, sorry - I mentioned it already in post 2. omv-mkaptidx disappears when executing fix5to6upgrade. I have to reinstall openmediavault to be able to use omv-mkaptidx again.

Auch das geht vorbei ...

• I read, you re-installed it, but ok.

Other thin: nut monitor will only start if the UPS is found.

• nut monitor:

So the APC is found by system. In the log there are to fails:

So how can I check, what's wrong or find out why 'monitor_nut_monitor/server_service' doesn't start before I'd like to checkout, why omv-mkaptidx dissapears when starting fix5to6upgrade.

Auch das geht vorbei ...

• Strange: Every log begins with fail: 'export PATH.....'. Just copying into cli - it works successfully and starts nut-service. But not with omv-webgui:

It works within cli, but webgui doesn't recognize the change and still wants to 'save changes' (yellow bar) - unsuccessfully.

Auch das geht vorbei ...

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Pfeifenraucher ()

• Maybe usrmerge is missing:

dpkg --list | grep usrmerge

sudo apt install usrmerge

No need to do so:

Code
    root@omv:/etc/nut# dpkg --list | grep usrmerge
    ii  usrmerge 25 all Convert the system to the merged /usr directories scheme

Auch das geht vorbei ...

• you exposed the upsmon passwords. Probably not a big deal as it is in your local network, but ...

• Thx - i thought it's only a dynamic one as i havn't change that pw. Then i'd like to question, why is that pw changed without any (so far kown) interaction.
    I changed the post.

Auch das geht vorbei ...

• I solved my issues by reinstalling omv6 onto a never used ssd (OCZ Vertex 4 - i know I'm an opimistic person). I made an image of the installation und remapped my sw-raid5-storage.

Next steps will be:

1. Learn about docker - saw script for cupsd already as i missed :631 for printing - looking for interesting and needful things

2. I have to upgrade my sw-raid5-storage from 4x2TB to 3x4TB if possible - otherwise i have to take 4x4TB. As far as I read latest should be easier ((exchange one, rebuild; wait until ready)x4; change size).

3. RSync as Backup between omv6-host and ESXi(or proxmox)-host/omv6-guest (or should i just setup a small Linux-Desktop with rsync?).

Auch das geht vorbei ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!