ACL UI working as expected?

• Hi, can someone confirm if this is working as expected for OMV 6, or is it a bug?

When I choose to apply a non-default user and group ownership for a Shared Folder via the ACL page, and I also change the permissions for Owner, Group and Others, it appears that it is not applying the Group permissions at the filesystem level, ie.

results in the following permissions being applied at the filesystem level:

it appears that the group permissions are not being applied, even though I select Replace and Recursive.

Is this expected?

Cheers,

Stern

OMV 6.0.31-2 aarch64 Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) RPI 4B 4GB 128GB SSD 4 x 8TB DAS RAID10

• Via experimentation, I've also found that if I leave the Owner and Group as the defaults of root and user, as soon as I apply ACLs the Group permissions change from what I expect to see (i.e. --S) to rwx or rws, even though Group permissions of None are selected.

But if I do not apply ACLs, the file Owner, Group and all permissions are applied as expected.

Can someone please confirm similar behaviour, if you create a new Shared Folder to test this out?

BTW, the filesystem is XFS.

OMV 6.0.31-2 aarch64 Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) RPI 4B 4GB 128GB SSD 4 x 8TB DAS RAID10

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sternrector ()

• sternrector

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Amazing what a good googling does for one's education.

No problem to see here... move on!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!