NTFS USB drives as back-up using RSYNC, wil it work?

• I read in the docs that NTFS is not supported for formatting, but is supported to be mounted. So this raises the following questions for me...

(first a little background info)

I plan to replace my Windows Server 2008 VM for OMV 6.

Currently the Windows 2008 machine has 2 USB drives connected, both formatted as NTFS and used for backing up files.

If I connect these 2 drives to OMV, will I lose access? do I need to reformat both drives as EXT4 to use them?

Can RSYNC work with USB drives?

I'd like to keep the USB drives formatted as NTFS for compatibility with my Windows 10 workstation. If I need to connect one of the drives to the Win10 machine because the server died, I don't want to lose access to the files. And Win10 has a hard time accessing EXT4, I believe.

• You will not be able to sync permissions and files with which have equla file names when capitalized if the NTFS drives are the target.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!