reinstall of 5.6.26 is failing in the post-installation

• My issue seems very close to Superturisto's problem except that I have an Odroid HC2 instead of a RPi4. I finally noticed I could not log into the webgui; I got a 403 Forbidden and so I tried apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault which failed. (Running as root).

When I run apt-get -f install I end up with this:

Code
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure):
     installed openmediavault package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault

dpkg --audit output:

Code
    The following packages are only half configured, probably due to problems
    configuring them the first time.  The configuration should be retried using
    dpkg --configure <package> or the configure menu option in dselect:
     openmediavault       openmediavault - The open network attached storage soluti

apt-get -f install (with file "openmediavault.postinst" changed to "#!/bin/sh -x"):

apt-get_-f_install--output.txt (exceeded 10K characters)

The install effectively does dpkg --configure openmediavault as I see the output duplicated, so I didn't include that here.

Per that thread and Zoki I unsuccesfully tried omv-salt deploy run apt cronapt which had this output:

omv-salt_deploy_run_apt_cronapt--output.txt

I see references in the three errors to "oldstable", but I don't know what to try at this point. OMV6 is a possibility, I guess, but I'd rather get OMV5 working again before I give that a shot. Many thanks for any help thrown my way!

• macom that did it, thanks! If I had done one more web search for the oldstable error I would have had your suggestion, sorry.

I now get the webgui but I'm getting a "Failed to connect to socket" error. More fun for another day, sigh.

Thank you!

• Login error:

omv-engined -d -f

At which point I hit Ctrl-C to exit.

• I pressed Ctrl-C after, I forget, 30-60 minutes. Didn't seem like anything was going to happen. Should I have attempted to login at that point?

head -20 /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

• Okay, yeah, I should have logged in. With omv-engined running I was able to log in. As soon as I Ctrl-C'd omv-engined, I started getting the "cannot connect" errors. Here's the start of the output from where I left off above:

• systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service

Code
    ● openmediavault-engined.service
       Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit openmediavault-engined.service is masked.)
       Active: inactive (dead)
  • Thanks so much macom! Rebooted to make sure changes stuck, and everything seems to be running fine now. :)

Any guesses as to how I might have masked openmediavault-engined.service in the first place?

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!