Shared folder permissions keep resetting.

• I have recently updated to OMV 6 via a clean install, (new SD card).

I have a transmission (bittorrent) docker downloading to a shared “downloads” folder.

Even though i have “everyone read/write/execute” it keeps resetting the permissions of downloads. When i try to delete a download via SMB in windows it says: “you need permission from unix user jacob”. This only happens sometimes.

I only have one user, “jacob”. The docker is setup with uid=1000(jacob) gid=100(users).

I have tried chmod -R 777 and setfacl -b -R -d. But it only works for a short time.

I had the same problem in OMV 5, I got it fixed, but I cannot remember how,

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Post the docker-compose you are using and

give us ls -lah /path/to/downloads/directory

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• So i am allowed to change folder/file names in the root of the download folder. But in the folders created by transmission i can not. For eksempel inside the folder “The Dark Side of Phobos”.

• Any ideas?

Seems like I can change the folder name, but nok to contents of each folder. They are locked to "jacob". So it seems like it is not a SMB problem but a linux user permission thing?

Any help will be very appreciated :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!