OMV6 Issues

• I have just upgraded from OMV5 to OMV6 on 2 NAS machines. My LAN was all working perfectly prior to this but not any more.

Problem 1: Cannot retain Dashboard settings. Every time I log on, anything I have set up in Dashboard is gone and I have a blank screen.

Problem 2: I have a networked TV whereby I set up file shares which accessed my 2 OMV5 NASes OK but with OMV6 they cannot find the servers. The shares and permissions are as they were for OMV5. The shares I have set up on my 2 OMV devices are clearly working as I can see them from my Windows PC in my WORKGROUP and there is one share on a different NAS device (not OMV) that is sharing normally on my TV This is a Linux-based NAS also. This means in theory it is all set up properly and should be working. My TV is also DLNA capable and it can see 2 DLNA capable devices, but not the 2 OMV devices.

Problem 3: I am not sure if I am using the right service but I have set up DAAP for my DLNA. I'm not convinced this works properly as I can only select one folder instead of several.

Your thoughts please.

• Thanks but that's not going to help. Maybe I didn't explain it properly. I set it up in the browser and saved it but when I logged on again there was nothing there.

My biggest concern is the other share issue which nobody has picked up on yet.

• Thanks but that's not going to help. Maybe I didn't explain it properly. I set it up in the browser and saved it but when I logged on again there was nothing there.

Are cookies allowed in your browser? If not, the Dashboard will not be saved.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks gderf. I allow cookies but I have an addon that deletes them a few seconds after login. I forgot about that. It seems OK now.

I don't use private windows for accessing OMV.

So that leaves me with the network problem. Any ideas anybody?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So that leaves me with the network problem. Any ideas anybody

Maybe :) your problem2 makes no sense, OMV has never ever had DLNA capabilities so if you were able to access your shares via the TV this was either by SMB or you deployed something that acted as a DLNA server under OMV5

As to the other part of that problem DAAP is an iTunes compatible media server, don't think that is going to work as you want;

2 options;

Option 1;

Install the minidlna plugin

Option 2;

Deploy Emby or Plex via Docker and enable DLNA

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe :) your problem2 makes no sense, /---/

Thanks for responding to this. I was about to, and actually in the process, but it wouldn't have been helpful.

I'm continually amazed by questions, from impatient users, that require remote mind reading skills. (Hence, my signature.) -> Asking Questions.

• OK, thanks all. I don't claim to fully understand all of OMV but as I have had no problems with version 5 then it wasn't an issue. I don't know why DLNA is not included by default; it would seem to be a desirable feature. Anyway, I worked out that DAAP was not going to work (I did say I wasn't sure if it was the right service) and found MiniDLNA which is now on and working.

If my second problem makes no sense (and the problem makes no sense - it should be working) perhaps relevant questions could be asked so I can try and make it make sense; I'm not an expert and try my best. It makes sense when I read it back. I'll try again as it is still not working:

1. OMV5 everything worked and network shares that I set up on my smart TV were available.

2. Installed OMV6 (on 2 servers) and all the shares (5 out of 6) except for one were not connecting. I made no changed to my share list. So one still connects and wireless is working.

3. I deleted the non-working shares and re-made them, Still cannot see the servers which are 2 x OMV6s. The working one is a Linux based Seagate NAS. DLNA can see all these servers/shares and has full functionality.

4. All OMV shares are available on my Home network so shares are correctly set up everywhere.

So, the question is, why can my TV see the shares over DLNA but not through network file sharing access when it all worked on OMV5?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, the question is, why can my TV see the shares over DLNA but not through network file sharing access when it all worked on OMV5

Pass

I could ask the same question, why does the media player on my TV not communicate with my smb shares on omv, but my daughters TV does, different make. But, if I enable DNLA through my Emby server my TV has no problem seeing the shares, and my daughters TV can communicate with either. Our old PS3 could access shares under OMV 4 & 5, but it will only communicate with DNLA under OMV6.

Does this bother me, no, it's a solution as software moves forward, oh, as a footnote my daughters TV media player only plays .mkv files even though it can see .mp4 files, solution, replace the TV :)

• Hi guys! I need to ask some help. I have an x86 based OMV6 machine with 2 WD HDDs (4+2TB). System is on a 120GB SSD. When moved to OMV6 from my previous HW (RPi3) found a good idea to use mergerfs to merge my HDDs. It was a mistake. There's a chance mergerfs killed my 2TB HDD (SMART sais bad sector failure). I haven't used it before, I saved my things (movies, TV shows) on the bigger HDD.

Plus I deleted the mergerfs addon and now I couldn't reach the shared content from Windows and in OMV under Storage -> Shared Folders I cannot edit the folders :( Got an error:

Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='e323ece0-5b8b-4e43-8fcb-5972e44ea502']'.

OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='e323ece0-5b8b-4e43-8fcb-5972e44ea502']'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(251): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.fil...', 'e323ece0-5b8b-4...')

#1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->get(Array, Array)

#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('get', Array, Array)

#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'get', Array, Array, 1)

#5 {main}

Any idea how can this be solved?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There's a chance mergerfs killed my 2TB HDD (SMART sais bad sector failure)

Mergerfs cannot crash the hard drive. Do a short SMART test on that drive and post the output, please.

Plus I deleted the mergerfs addon

If you remove the plugin, OMV no longer "knows" about the existence of that file system. Therefore, you need to reinstall the plugin.

• Mergerfs cannot crash the hard drive. Do a short SMART test on that drive and post the output, please.

If you remove the plugin, OMV no longer "knows" about the existence of that file system. Therefore, you need to reinstall the plugin.

Is that enough or should I attach the detailed report?

After I reinstalled mergerfs, do I need to merge the HDDs again as before? So how can I undo the merge and make it properly without any trouble?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is that enough or should I attach the detailed report?

In the OMV GUI go to Storage>SMART>Scheduled Tasks

Press the Create button

Uncheck Enabled

Select the disk

Press Save

Select the created task

Press the Run button

Press the Start button

Copy the text and paste it into a code box (( </> button in the top bar of the publication)).

• Hi

I don't have mergerfs, maybe the config file is still there.

But I think the hard drive is dead.

I would check the cables

I will check the cable (or maybe change it). THanks

Here comes another problem: I cannot select any drives here. List won't open down. Why?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cannot select any drives here. List won't open down. Why?

What appears in Storage>Disks ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!