Docker (Wordpress (5 sites) + nginx+sql )

• Hi, sorry for my english.

I want to make 5 sites on WordPress (nginx+sql) for local use only.

As I understand it, now this is done through docker only. Tell me, will I have to collect 5 containers or can I collect them in one?

192.168.1.100:81 — site 1

192.168.1.100:82 — site 2

192.168.1.100:83 — site 3 **

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Five separate containers, just give them unique names.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

Two popular ways to deploy docker containers is by using Portainer Stacks, and by using the command line with docker-compose.

I don't know if you have gotten this far, but below is a docker-compose file that has worked for me on an amd64 machine. Just note that both container names in each compose file need to be unique for each site.

• site 1: wordpress01, wordpressdb01
    • site 2: wordpress02, wordpressdb02
    • site 3: wordpress03, wordpressdb03
    • etc.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

OMV6 is still using nginx. So you can use it for other things as well. BUT you have to be careful to not break nginx for OMV. That is why it is suggested to use docker for such things as they are isolated from the host installation.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess nothing is forbidden. It’s just that it will be an uphill slog without docker. I don’t know why so many shy away from docker. It’s as easy as falling off a log, once you get the hang of it.

• I guess nothing is forbidden. It’s just that it will be an uphill slog without docker. I don’t know why so many shy away from docker. It’s as easy as falling off a log, once you get the hang of it.

i love docker, but it:

- consumes a lot of resources

- needs to be updated and monitored

It is now fashionable, and it is often used inappropriately.

Unix way also want to learn

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where is the mistake?

Everything you said in that post. docker consumes almost no resources compared to running the exact same services on the host. And whether you install a service/app on the host or docker, it needs to be updated and monitored.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!