Command Line Mount Drive

• I cannot get to drive I just formatted in the UI to show up so I can mount it. How may I do this via command line?

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • Post the output of

lsblk

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • Post the output of

blkid

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • Post the output of

omv-showkey mntent

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • If you mount a filesystem via the CLI it will not appear in any OMV dropdown lists for things like shares.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• So does that mean a filesystem that was created on another machine, and mounted by the CLI will never be available/useful to OMV? I'm very confused about what you can do with filesystems at the moment, so sorry for my basic question.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So does that mean a filesystem that was created on another machine, and mounted by the CLI will never be available/useful to OMV?

The point is, you must mount a filesystem from the GUI if you want to use it with OMV. Only if it is mounted in the GUI OMV is aware of this filesystem and can create shared folders on it.

If the filesystem is mounted from the CLI, OMV is not showing it as it would not make sense to mount it again.

In that case umount it from CLI and you should be able to mount it in OMV.

• Did you see anything useful in the data I upload it?

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
    • Offizieller Beitrag

ok, according to the output of lsblk there is no partition and filesystem on the drive.

Did you get any error message when creating a filesystem from the GUI of OMV?

If not, may try to create a partition and filesystem from the CLI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!