Random Boot

• Hi,

I have a strange one here my Dell Optiplex 790 randomly turns it self on with out anyone pressing the power button now before I call the Holy man and have my house blessed I thought I would see if anyone here has any ideas

After the first time

I've gone into the BIOs but WOL & previous power on state were turned off.

But then a an hour later the machine turned it self back on, I thought I must have set something in OMV so disconnected the OS drive and thought I would get to it some other time but again couple of hours later the machine powered on I ended up just disconnecting the power cable, thankfully after a couple of hours the machine hasn't turned itself back on

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• thankfully!! ^^

Maybe ask in the Vatican forum? If it turns on without the OS, I don't think the OS is guilty of anything right?

Haha, it turned it just went to a screen that said "no OS detected, press F1 to try again" I had a quick chance this morning so plugged in power cable and the OS drive and again it just turned it self on (after I shut it down) but I ran out of time so when I get home I will disconnect all 3 drives and see what happens.

• I would check the BIOS settings

Found nothing in the BIOS, plugged back in the OMV drive and went through that again and still found nothing. I hate to do it but i'm going to try a BIOS flash and see if that works.

• I would check the BIOS settings

Aye this was annoying. So couldn't find the BIOs to flash so went into the BIOs and "loaded defaults" whilst it was doing that the machine just turned itself off. Did that twice then I thought there was something I haven't tried an that was checking the RAM sticks removed stick 4 and it's been nearly 4 hours and the machine hasn't turned it self on. Fingers crossed that problem is fixed but now I can't boot into OMV...

• "loaded defaults" whilst it was doing that the machine just turned itself off

It's strange...

I did a google search related to this and found this link. Maybe it's relevant to you.

https://h30467.www3.hp.com/t5/…las-memorias/td-p/1191262

https://www.yoreparo.com/es/co…al-cambiar-de-lado-la-ram

If you have a backup power supply I would try swapping it out. Maybe he's playing tricks on you.

• It's strange...

I did a google search related to this and found this link. Maybe it's relevant to you.

https://h30467.www3.hp.com/t5/…las-memorias/td-p/1191262

https://www.yoreparo.com/es/co…al-cambiar-de-lado-la-ram

If you have a backup power supply I would try swapping it out. Maybe he's playing tricks on you.

Hey, thank for the link tried using another PSU but the same thing happened. Went back to checking the RAM and it appears my 4th slot is faulty (thought it was the stick but swapped it and the same thing happened) everything works fine as long as I only 3 slots (been on for 2 days with no issues) if I use the forth slot that's when I start having issues. :(. Probably should start at looking to replace the computer it self.

Thank you again

• STUKguy

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!