Server Migration - Can I move Dockers in Portainer from OMV to Unraid?

• So, I am thinking to change one of my two servers, the main one, from OMV to Unraid.

Main reason is that I cannot get my Quadro P400 graphics card to install, for emby GPU encoding.

On unraid it seems you simply click a plugin and your pretty much done! How I wish we had that in OMV!

My question is this - if I do a portainer backup on OMV, and then install + restore this backup on Unraid's portainer - will all my dockers simply work as they did before? I'd hate to have to redo all the configuring again! :)

• A Portainer backup file does not contain any of the actual container data. You would have to backup and restore all that too and hope that it will actually work.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• A Portainer backup file does not contain any of the actual container data. You would have to backup and restore all that too and hope that it will actually work.

Understood, thank you. Could you point me towards what this might be step by step?

I'm guessing I need to copy certain folders across, and then the backup file as well?

• As a minimum you would have to backup and restore all the data in the path you specified in System | omv-extras | Docker | Docker storage.

But the ownership (by UID and GID number) and permissions would also have to be maintained equal, and this data still is unlikely to be all of what needs to be backed up and restored. If you run Plex for example, its database could be located elsewhere outside the Docker storage path.

I would be fully prepared to essentially have to start over from scratch with all of this if all the restores don't work out. If you have and use docker-compose files starting over will not be difficult as far as recreating the containers themselves goes. But recreating a Plex database from scratch would be a larger effort.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!