GPU Installation - Quadro P400 - OMV 5.6.26-1

• Hi folks,

Hoping for some advice. I am trying to install my Quadro P400 graphics card, so that Emby can use it for transcoding. Really struggling with install process.

Have been using this guide I found on the forums;
    Forum Guide on NVIDIA installation

Error is that from CLI "nvidia-smi" always says it cannot communicate with driver.
    Emby also shows no decoding devices on it's list. Bios has secure boot disabled.

Could someone provide some pointers? To start with which driver should I even be installing?

I tried both "debian buster-backports" and "debian buster" - what driver should I pick?

I have read the NVIDIA documentation but it honestly makes no sense to me ?(

debating moving everything, dockers and all, to unraid, as they seem to have a one-click plugin for driver install!

• I tried both "debian buster-backports" and "debian buster" - what driver should I pick?

Using buster means you're on OMV5 and with an OS that's going to be EOL. (OMV5 already is).

You can try to unplug every drives from the machine and install Debian 11 non-free netinstall to see if the Quadro is recognized on install.

Then install docker and launch an Emby container and see if you still can use it.

If all runs OK, then just install OMV6 and redo your config of shares and whatever.

• Thanks Soma

Just to check - as it sounds like I should update my OMV anyway

I thought I was up to date from using the "update" from GUI.

To update the whole OS from 5 to 6 - is there a way to do this whilst keeping all config / shares / docker apps untouched?

• Offizieller Beitrag

To update the whole OS from 5 to 6 - is there a way to do this whilst keeping all config / shares / docker apps untouched?

omv-release-upgrade

Make a backup of the OS drive before.

Check that all plugins you are using have been ported to OMV6.

• Offizieller Beitrag
  • thanks everyone, doing the in place upgrade was smooth, and after some hard work my gpu is transcoding as well!

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!