USBBackup by-label instead of by-UUID

• Hi,

Is it possible to have the USB Backup Plug-in to run by-label instead of by-uuid?

In OMV 5 I had two script that run depending on the name of the USB stick that I plugged in. I have 50 USB stick with the same name and I want to update them every time they come back to me.

Thanks

• Hi jcdeshaies

openmediavault-usbbackup 6.0-11 for omv6

My first post wasn't clear. usbbackup 6.0-11 is the one that I'm using in OMV 6 but it doesn't allow me to select disk by-label. It only select disk by-uuid. When the server was under OMV5 it was by-label. Now I would have to make 50 identical scripts for 50 identical USB stick. Is there a way to change this beaviour?

Thanks

• by-label naming of drives was disabled about half way through omv 5, so that any disks set up after that were by-uuid. I don’t know, but the symlinks plugin might help you to simplify your naming issue.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• My first post wasn't clear. usbbackup 6.0-11 is the one that I'm using in OMV 6 but it doesn't allow me to select disk by-label. It only select disk by-uuid. When the server was under OMV5 it was by-label. Now I would have to make 50 identical scripts for 50 identical USB stick. Is there a way to change this beaviour?

Thanks

I'm going to say *probably* not given the fact labels were disabled in OMV 6

• Is there a way to change this beaviour?

You could change the UUID of the sticks.

Or you create your own udev rules to trigger the scripts.

BTW did you upgrade from OMV5 to OMV6 or is this a fresh install? If you upgraded, the behavior does not change for existing configuration.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!