crashing and crashing

• just installed latest OMV, first thing updated few progs - whatever came up.

now it just crashes when i press USERS in panel, over and over again

are you guys sure this is Debian? :):):):)

new update available, kernel 5.18

but it wont install

Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    Calculating upgrade...
    The following packages have been kept back: linux-image-amd64
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

END OF LINE

i give up, there is nothing in logs about the crash. but it just wont load USER manager.

just a horrible start in first 15 minutes, gonna format and try something else, posting here in case it's helpful to someone.

grettings from Australia

• SSH your server

apt update

apt dist-upgrade

That will install the kernel upgrade

Now what other problem are you having? You keep saying "crashing"... it sounds like a cache issue.

Go gto the login screen for webUI, and on most browsers, Cntrl + Shift + R

Then Log In and see if you still have issues.

• It could lead to carpal tunnel syndrome :D:D

Personally (and I know he wouldn't do it).. I wish votdev for about 2mo would go back to how it was long ago, and you could basically delete folders, including data, by just clicking yes on a dialog box. Of course nobody read the dialogue box and just clicked yes, then complained they lost data. Then he added another dialog box if you clicked yes, which said are you sure you want to do this, and people invariably clicked yes w/o reading it. Well then their data was lost and they came here crying.

Of course now, the webUI doesn't actually delete folders anymore as that needs done at the CLI level.. but it seems all of a sudden, everyone reads everything and wants to complain about clicking a check box to confirm a selection.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!