Accessing OMV located in subnet from win10

• Hi there,

I can't wrap my mind how to access OMV located behind second router from my win10 PC. My setup

Main router: 192.168.1.1

Second router: 192.168.3.1

The second router is connected to the first one. I know how to access OMV when win10 PC in in the same network.

So OMV is connected to 192.168.3.1. The win PC is connected to 192.168.1.1.

I did set up port forwarding on second router for SMB (445) to my OMV. From win10 PC I can telnet to OMV on port 445 using my second router IP but I don't know how to add remote drive to the win10 PC. Can someone give me a hint how to do it?

Thanks!

• because to my main router 192.168.1.1 is connected everything (laptops, tvs, phones etc.). Behind my second router I have my server with proxmox and vms. I'm trying to make one of the samba shares folder accessible for these devices. This is a home environment.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can someone give me a hint how to do it

Long time since I've done this -> Gateway, port forwarding will just make the port accessible

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Long time since I've done this -> Gateway, port forwarding will just make the port accessible

ok, I made it work. When I was playing with configurations at some point I was setting up port forwarding again. When I did that I used port 455 instead of 445 and I did not telnet again after that :rolleyes: Anyway because of your post I decided to check telnet again and found the problem. Thanks :)

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!