Raid 5 lässt sich nicht wieder herstellen nach Reboot

• Moin Zusammen,

ich habe seit Samstag leider das Problem das sich nach einigen Neustarts weil meine USV Probleme gemacht hat und jetzt bekomme ich das Raid 5 nicht wieder aktiv.

ich habe hier schon mal einige Sachen gezogen, versucht hier mal die Auszüge was ich so anliegt.

Code
    root@hs-omv:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md127 : inactive sdd[3](S) sdb[1](S) sda[0](S) sdc[2](S)
          31255582048 blocks super 1.2

Ich weiß nicht warum hier Raid 1 steht das ist ein Raid5 und ich hoffe das bekommt man repariert

ich habe irgendwie die Befürchtung das es mit den Slots zu tun hat, kann es mir aber nicht erklären warum da "-1" steht
    vllt kann mit jedem erklären wie ich das geändert bekomme und dadurch nicht alles weg ist.

Danke vorab

• mdkder3

Added the Label OMV 5.x
  • Not sure if I can help never seen anything like this before, either there is something corrupted or there is a hardware issue, as both point to the output of mdadm --detail.

That output is missing information in relation to the array, if you look at the output from this problem;

you can compare it to yours.

Post the output of the following;

blkid 

mdadm --examine /dev/sdb

mdadm --examine /dev/sda

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Bitte schön
    ich hoffe das hilft weiter

• OK;

mdadm --examine /dev/sdc

mdadm --examine /dev/sdd

This one I'm not sure about but;

cat /sys/block/md127/md/sync_action

• Code
    root@hs-omv:~# cat /sys/block/md127/md/sync_action
    cat: /sys/block/md127/md/sync_action: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
  • Right 3 of the drives are registering as spares so the array is never going to rebuild, I was sceptical about the /sys/block command as this is an Ubuntu option but work a shot.

One more output

cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

• what if i put the disks in a fresh system
    could i do a rebuild then

If you redeployed then you would do it without data drives connected, once the system was up running and working then connect the drives

• Right 3 of the drives are registering as spares so the array is never going to rebuild, I was sceptical about the /sys/block command as this is an Ubuntu option but work a shot.

One more output

cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

• If you redeployed then you would do it without data drives connected, once the system was up running and working then connect the drives

Okay also System aufsetzten
    System ausschalten
    die HDDs anschließen und dann mit welchen Befehl genau das Rebuild starten??

hiermit?
    mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abcd]

• If you installed OMV6 on a spare drive or usb flash drive (OMV5 and Debian 10 is EOL) once the system is up and running updates installed, date and time set etc, shut down connect your drives and during the reboot process OMV should detect the raid signatures and present the array to OMV.

Another option might be to try systsemrescuecd in omc extras, this installs the software and should allow for the array to be assembled from the cli, exit out and reboot should bring the array back to omv. This is just a possibility, your error is quite unique, one that I have never seen nor experienced before.

• If you installed OMV6 on a spare drive or usb flash drive (OMV5 and Debian 10 is EOL) once the system is up and running updates installed, date and time set etc, shut down connect your drives and during the reboot process OMV should detect the raid signatures and present the array to OMV.

Another option might be to try systsemrescuecd in omc extras, this installs the software and should allow for the array to be assembled from the cli, exit out and reboot should bring the array back to omv. This is just a possibility, your error is quite unique, one that I have never seen nor experienced before.

Okay mit der systsemrescuecd komm ich irgendwie nicht zurecht

ich werde jetzt mal ein zweites System fertig machen und das mit dem Umbau testen
    ich werde bescheid geben was drauß geworden ist.

• I have just run up an OMV6 VM created a raid5 from three virtual disks and ran the cat /sys/block that I requested you run, this is the output;

Code
    root@openmediavault6:~# cat /sys/block/md0/md/sync_actionidle

the above is what I would expect as the system is doing nothing and the command works!! this would also show output if this was OMV5

Yours returned -> file or directory not found, to confirm the raid reference has not changed you would have check cat /proc/mdstat, if it's still md127 then there could be some corruption. I am assuming at this point your array was created using the GUI

• das bekomme ich als anzeige im neuen System
    Er erkennt das auch nur als Raid0 nicht als Raid 5

• also das habe ich schon mal wieder geschafft, durch das zweit System.
    Platten hängen jetzt wieder im Original System
    jetzt muss nur noch der Name und die UUID wieder passen, das ich hoffentlich wieder alles zu sehen bekomme.

Frage: wie geht das?

• Question: how does it work

I'm sorry I am at a total loss as to what is happening or why, whilst that array appears to be intact if the array is mounted then the share on the array should still be there

• I'm sorry I am at a total loss as to what is happening or why, whilst that array appears to be intact if the array is mounted then the share on the array should still be there

alles gut
    du hast mir ja schon ein bisschen weitergeholfen

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!