[How to] Install Immich through Portainer

• What is Immich?

- website

- github

- discord

Immich is "an open source, high performance self-hosted backup solution for videos and photos on your mobile phone."

Immich runs in Docker on your server, and lets you upload photos and videos from your browser or mobile phone. The Immich user interface feels like google photos, especially on the mobile apps.

This project is still under heavy development, so there may be some bugs or features that haven't been implemented yet. It is surprisingly usable though. The developers are active on discord and helpful if you have questions.

I will be detailing how to install Immich on an openmediavault (or other debian/ubuntu) server. I will be using Portainer for the sake of simplicity, and SWAG as my reverse proxy. (Reverse proxy is optional).

UPDATE APRIL 2023:

When I initially wrote this guide, Immich did not have great docs. Now the docs cover installing Immich in Portainer, as well as several other methods. I recommend you follow the official docs setup, and if you have questions, ask in the Immich discord server.

- Immich docs page (I recommend you thoroughly read the docs before you start!)

- Installing with Portainer

Immich still does not cover any reverse proxy documentation, but it can be proxied just like any other service. I will leave my instructions for SWAG on here. I will edit them for clarity though.

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.90GHz | 128GB ECC DDR3 1600MHz

OMV 6 | Proxmox 6.1 kernel | ZFS | docker | SWAG

Join the openmediavault discord server! https://discord.gg/qcGj2upevS

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Chipwingg () aus folgendem Grund: Added a section on removing the machine learning container for CPUs that don't support AVX/AVX2

• Agricola

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Reverse Proxy:

I am now going to go over how to reverse proxy this! This will allow you to upload and view pictures from anywhere.

As I said in the beginning, I am giving instructions for using SWAG. Feel free to adapt this for NGINX proxy manager, or whatever else you use.

Keep in mind that the developer has not published this method, but told me it was possible. The exact solution was figured out by KM0201.

Without further ado....

If you purchased a domain, go to the dashboard for your domain name (cloudflare, namecheap, google, etc) and create a CNAME called immich. (DuckDNS users, skip this step).

Now, SSH your server, and find the proxy-confs folder for SWAG. It should be located at /swag/nginx/proxy-confs.

We will copy the generic config file and then edit it.

Code
    cp _template.subdomain.conf.sample immich.subdomain.conf

Then, open it with nano to edit it.

Code
    nano immich.subdomain.conf

Now, you need to edit/review four lines.

Line 12: Change this to what you made your immich subdomain. If you just called it immich, then no need to edit.

Line 43: Set this to be the local IP address of your server.

Line 44: Set this to the port that immich is running on. If you didn't change it, it should still be 2283.

Line 45: This should be http.

Once this is done, press ctrl+x, then y, and then hit enter, to save the file.

Now, use the ping command to make sure your subdomain is up and working. (DuckDNS users don't need to do this. You will not get a valid response).

Code
    ping -c5 immich.<your_domain>.tld

If it can contact your domain, good. If it can't, it means you didn't make a CNAME properly, or you're using duckDNS.

Let's go back to portainer. If you use a wildcard (*) cert, simply redeploy SWAG. Watch the logs to make sure there are no errors.

If you get certs for individual subdomains, find your SWAG stack, and go to the yml editor. Add the immich subdomain to the rest of your subdomains. Click "Update stack" and SWAG will redeploy. Watch the logs to make sure there are no errors getting a new cert.

If everything is successful, you should be able to navigate to https://immich.<your-domain>.tld and get to the immich page!

Mobile app:

GitHub - immich-app/immich: Self-hosted photo and video backup solution directly from your mobile phone.
    Self-hosted photo and video backup solution directly from your mobile phone. - GitHub - immich-app/immich: Self-hosted photo and video backup solution directly…
    github.com

Download the mobile app from the google play store, iOS app store, or F-droid.

Sign in with your email and password. For the Immich server field, add  /api to the end of the url. This is necessary.

The app should be pretty self explanatory, but if you're confused, you can ask question on the Immich Discord server.

Final thoughts:

This is a very powerful piece of software, and extremely fast. It is aimed at uploading things from mobile devices, but it also lets you upload from a browser or CLI version. I would highly recommend. As I said before, it is under heavy development, and things will change. If something in the software changes and this guide becomes incorrect, please let me know.

-Chip

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!