Failed to start Samba SMB Daemon

• Hello everyone,

Today i put a new ssd in my OMV server. i cloned the the harddrive succesfully and OMV started as well without any problems. After that i updated all packages.

Then i logged into the webinterface and there was the first problem. I was in a login loop.

So i tried some solutions from the internet and got it to work again.

But then i discoverd the next problem, samba isn't running.

When i change anything in the smb/cifs settigs i alwais get this error when i hit apply:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color samba 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:

The command "systemctl status smbd.service" gives me this output:

i tried everithing but noting seems to work :(

I hope someone can help me and can offer some suggestions.

Thanks a lot,

Fabian

• What does testparm on the cli report?

• Version: 6.0.37-1 (Shaitan)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-13-amd64

- 120gb ssd for OS

- 3 x 2TB for Data (RAID 5)

Because i was in the login loop, i tried to log into the server via ssh and it worked.

Then i thought maybe i have to update the packages to resolve the Problem with the login loop, so i executed

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

This hasn't solved the problem with the login loop so i tried a solution from the internet and after that it worked.

I don't know if the SMB Deamon worked before i did the update, because i haven't tried it.

So i plugged in the old hard drive again and all works just fine without problems.

The only thing i could try at this point is to clone the old hard drive once again.

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!