Canon Printer won't connect to SMB-share any more

• Hi,

I use a Canon Printer (Maxify MB 5150) to scan Documents to a SMB-share. This worked for years with the SMB settings below (the printer only supports SMBv1).

Code
    client min protocol = NT1
    ntlm auth = yes
    server min protocol = NT1

It also worked after upgrading to OMV6. But now, the printer won't connect any more. I haven't changed anything, at least not deliberately.

Have there been any changes to the SMBv1 support in OMV recently?

Maybe this problem is somehow connected to the following issue. I also use unattended-upgrades to keep the system up to date. Recently I get the following result from the package:

Code
    Packages with upgradable origin but kept back:
     Debian Backports bullseye-backports:
      python3-samba libwbclient0 libldb2 samba-libs samba-vfs-modules
      samba-common samba-common-bin python3-ldb samba

OMV is showing no packages to upgrade.

Can anybody help?

• Andifront

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Canon Printer won't connect to SMB-share any morge“ zu „Canon Printer won't connect to SMB-share any more“ geändert.
  • Andifront

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • I found the solution for the issue of printer not connecting to my smb-share.

I had to change the path to the share (registered in the printer) from Hostname to IP-Adress, i.e. "\\Andis-NAS\Data\..." to \\192.168.0.72\Date\..."

I don't know why it had worked before with hostname and now not any more but I'm happy I found a solution. I was already looking out for a new printer with duplex scanner.

• Andifront

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!