Topton NAS thoughts??

• I don't know what difference there will be between this and a QNAP Intel, but QNAP seems more reliable and you can also install OMV without problems. We would also have to see the price difference under equal conditions.

Thank you for your opinion, I was also thinking about buying qnap nas but there were some problems so I removed qnap nas from my list.

In my country, I can buy some Chinese products at a better price than buying from aliexpress. In the case of this product, its price is 1399 CNY ~ 192 USD, much lower than the price of 335 USD on aliexpress. I'm not sure if I can find an Intel x86/64 qnap product at a similar price that can meet my requirements:

- Power saving (~10w when idle)

- Powerful enough to run multiple docker containers and several virtual machines

- Has a 2.5gb lan port (not a strict requirement)

I found a few used qnap nas at similar prices that use the intel j3455 or n4505 cpu, but I don't think buying a used nas is a good idea.

• Offizieller Beitrag

but I don't think buying a used nas is a good idea.

I agree. If you get a better price and the price is decisive, then you already have the way.

• Guys, there is a newer model (same form factor) with Ryzen 5 5500U.

I own the athlon 300U model.

No problem with hardware acceleration due Vega 3 iGPU.

Hardware acceleration fully supported in my Jellyfin Docker... (Moved from Plex to Jellyfin) little bit tricky to configure but it's Linux you know...

Everything is working pretty good.

I guess if you are looking for Proxmox machine you better try the newer model with significantly CPU performance.

If only for OMV and some Docker add-on (Jellyfin, Duplicati) the Athlon version is good enough (half price then newer).

Just take under consideration, the newer version have 2.5Gbps connection, the older one only 1Gbps.

For the price point highly recommend, OMV working perfectly.

• Hi,

Do you know the size of the bottom fan?

I want to add one, can't figure out the size...

• I just received the product 1 day ago and I'm trying it out.

Replaced the bottom fan, standard size 9015/9215 is suitable, this is the fan I used: http://thermalright.com/product/tl-9015/

However pwm doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is

Thank you 🙏

Did you purchase the 5500U or the 300U version?

Please update regarding PWM if you find solution, I will purchase a fan too and will share my results as well.

I own the 300U model.

• I bought the 5500U version. A few small reviews:

- The outer shell is not bad, but the HDD tray is a bit fragile, making me quite afraid it will break if I use too much force.

- Install from the omv 6.5.0 iso file directly, the i226 network card recognizes it without needing to update the kernel.

- Wifi AX200 works well but I only use it to access omv dashboard, not transfer files...

- Using 1 Samsung 8gb 3200 ram, 1 Samsung 256gb nvme, 2 WD Red Plus 4TB, power consumption in idle state is about 19-20w, the maximum consumption I have measured so far is 30w (resyncing when create raid 1).

- The small bottom fan is very weak so it is almost ineffective. I replaced the 4 pin pwm fan (but the pwm is not working), the temperature of the 2 HDDs is 38-40 degrees.

- Hardware transcoding works well with emby docker, I have not tested with jellyfin and plex.

- I'm waiting for another 8gb ram stick to test a few virtual machines, will update more.

yanaiw I think you can ask the seller about bios config, I still haven't found a solution to this problem.

• Hey guys,

I have the older version with the Athlon 300U and was able to use a PWM fan on the bottom of the device.

I don't know if this is also working on the new Ryzen version but nevertheless these were the steps I did:

First I installed lm-sensors with sudo apt install lm-sensors.

Afterwards I tried to scan for sensors with sensors-detect

and got the following result:

The message indicates that the board is using a ITE IT8613E chip for the sensors and fans.

Unfortunately the driver is not included and needs to be included manually. More information can be found at https://github.com/lm-sensors/lm-sensors/issues/167

There are different drivers available on github and a tutorial for the installation can be found for example at https://wiki.tnonline.net/w/Bl…or_the_it8686_sensor_chip

I have successfully installed the driver of WinkelCode (https://github.com/WinkelCode/it87) with DKMS.

With sudo pwmconfig I was able to detect the fans at hwmon2.

Code
    Found the following devices:
       hwmon0 is acpitz
       hwmon1 is nvme
       hwmon2 is it8613
       hwmon3 is k10temp
       hwmon4 is amdgpu

The bottom fan could be controlled with pwm3:

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm3_enable
    echo 255 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm3

and the CPU fan can be modified with pwm2:

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm2_enable
    echo 255 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm2

With the fan control it is also possible to control the fan depending on the hdd temperatures with e.g. https://github.com/desbma/hddfancontrol

Maybe this helps somebody.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!