Latest update/s fail grub-pc

• The latest round of updates failed to deploy in particular grub-pc, I have extracted the specific parts from the error;

at present I have yet to start investigating this, but fstab and grub.cfg reference this -> 5162a0f6-4188-432b-be66-fc6003623189 as the UUID, so I am somewhat confused by the output

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• By the power of google and my updated ability to read error messages and execute said command it appears resolved :)

• geaves

Added the Label resolved
  • Please could you share how did you solved it

ssh into omv as root and run the command dpkg --configure -a you are then presented with a menu whereby you can select the correct boot device, follow the on screen instructions.

• The problem I see about this is that when I reboot OMV the boot disk is relocated on another device and the previous one is not retained.

This causes that the next grub update it will fail forcing me to fix it by hand with 'dpkg --configure -a' again.

This has happened twice in about 10 o 15 days with the two recent grub updates.

Take a look at this 8.8.2. GRUB 2 Configuration. Apparently is a bug on Debian Bullseye.

After each reboot the device order of the drives changes and the next grub update will fail.

May be there is some way to retain the boot drive association to /dev/sda. I don't know how to do it yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!