PiBox - LCD screen stats - How to?

• I have recently received my PiBox (https://pibox.io/). I flashed the CM4 with Raspberry Pi OS and installed OMV 6 after that. This all works great and the system runs just fine.

Now I am trying to figure out how to displays some stats on the LCD screen of the PiBox. By default the system comes with a Kubernetes install, that shows nice stats on the display. I would like to have this with my OMV installation as well, however i find the instructions (https://docs.kubesail.com/guid…abling-the-13-lcd-display) to enable the display and show data not really clear. Matter of fact, it's not working at all on Raspberry PI OS.

So, I am wondering if there are users here with the PiBox, that actually managed to get it working and are willing to help out with some working instructions.

• It looks like it is building a new framebuffer module and loading it. I can look at it later but hard to test anything without having one.

omv 6.0.41-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Also have the idea it’s really depending on Kubernetes.

Maybe the app that is putting the message out there but I doubt it is needed. Worst case, it probably runs in docker too.

omv 6.0.41-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11

• Yeah, from what I could find the stats on the display are put there through a docker image. However, the instructions on how to enable the LCD don't work and therefor can't even turn on the backlight and turn on the display.

• It looks like you can run apython program without the kernel module. That is much simpler. What do you actually want to display on it?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!