Let's fix The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items. on OSX (Mojave and onwards)

• I know this is a repeated topic on a long overdue solution. Yet; the variant of this issue I'm experiencing didn't get me to find a solution in any of the topics you can look on google, nor in YouTube tutorials (technodadslife, techno Tim, craft computing, omventhusiasts...)

Context

The problem happens only on OMV 6 and only on OSX, from Big Sur and onward.

I have never had this issue using OMV 5 or if using OMV 6; the issue doesn't happen on OSX Catalina and Mojave.

My configuration

OMV 6 running in a proxmox VM, with 4 usb 3 HDD drives pooled with union FS

I create 1 user, 1 samba share, give the user permission to read write, anybody else: no access.

Very simple

The problem

When I access the share from OSX Big Sur or Monterey: I can create empty files and folders just fine. I can delete them as well.

As soon as I start to copy any other file I have stored on my Mac; it just copies the empty folder and then throws the following error: "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items."

Then if I try to delete that folder. I get the same exact error message.

I then have to move that folder to a windows or ubuntu computer and then I can copy and delete it just fine.

If I use a Mac with Catalina: the issue doesn't happen.

Anybody on this ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!