KVM plugin problem after update

• Not sure what you mean by completely. I would still like to see this package in the debian backports repo. Until then, command line commands will still be necessary to install the plugin from scratch. I guess I can put the package in the omv-extras repo temporarily and then people won't have to use the command line.

That is to say, if my perfect solution still needs to wait for debian to fix the problem, then I will continue to wait.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is to say, if my perfect solution still needs to wait for debian to fix the problem, then I will continue to wait.

Right now, everything should be fixed on an existing install or new install. qemu-system-data will just come from omv-extras repo instead of debian backports. This should be transparent for everyone. If Debian adds the package to backports with a higher version, then the package will just start automagically coming from Debian backports repo. Up to you if this is the perfect solution.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Right now, everything should be fixed on an existing install or new install. qemu-system-data will just come from omv-extras repo instead of debian backports. This should be transparent for everyone. If Debian adds the package to backports with a higher version, then the package will just start automagically coming from Debian backports repo. Up to you if this is the perfect solution.

In fact, I don't understand some of the above operations. What I want to know now is, if I do nothing and wait for future updates, can I return to normal? (I would do "apt clean")

• Offizieller Beitrag

What I want to know now is, if I do nothing and wait for future updates, can I return to normal?

I still don't know what your current state is or what you might be returning from. If you have an existing install that is working fine, you should be able to install updates like normal. If you are installing fresh, you don't have to do anything special.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I still don't know what your current state is or what you might be returning from. If you have an existing install that is working fine, you should be able to install updates like normal. If you are installing fresh, you don't have to do anything special.

Sorry, I may not have made it clear. Like Joci78, I used kvm normally, but the kvm plugin disappeared after the update.

I didn't do anything special after the problem appeared. Can I do nothing now and rely on a future update, can I get kvm back to normal?

I'm using a mirror source which may not have been synced and new updates were not detected after the problem occurred. (Official source I can't have a stable connection)

• Offizieller Beitrag

an I do nothing now and rely on a future update, can I get kvm back to normal?

I'm using a mirror source which may not have been synced and new updates were not detected after the problem occurred. (Official source I can't have a stable connection)

If the plugin "disappeared", then it was uninstalled. You need to reinstall the plugin. I can't speak for the state of that mirror but it would have to be sync'd within the last hour to reinstall the plugin. The VMs should just show back up in the list.

• Both the ryecoaaron version and the method I presented can be restored to their original state.

In the solution recommended by me, you just delete the entries. The original state is restored.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The original state is restored.

I have removed the modified plugin package from the download directory. If someone installed it, they will probably see an update in the Updates tab with the same version. If you install that, you will have the normal released version.

• I have tested it with a not new installed system. If you do the apt-clear befor updating erverything works fine. All VM still exists and running fine.

Case: Supermicro 836 | Netzteil: Seasonic SS400-U1L | Mainboard: ASRock X470 Taichi | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G ,CPU | Kühler: Noctua NH-D9L | Ram: 64GB DDR4 SK Hynix 3200MHz | Controler: LSI 9400-16i HBA | Intel x710-DA4 | HDD: 2x Seagate exos 16TB, 1X Seagate ironWolf 14TB. 1x 2x Seagate exos 18TB | SSD: 1x Sandis plus 2TB, 1x Samsung evo 1TB, 1x WD green 480gb (OS), WD Red SN700 1TB

• I finally found the problem. qemu packages in backports were updated to 7.1 except for qemu-system-data. The 7.0 version of the package will not work with 7.1. The following fixed (make sure to have backports enabled in omv-extras):

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/q/qemu/qemu-system-data_7.1+dfsg-2_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i qemu-system-data_7.1+dfsg-2_all.deb

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Thanks follow your suggestions everything ok

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks follow your suggestions everything ok

No need to do this anymore. That package is in the omv-extras repo. So, just check for updates and install them.

• If the plugin "disappeared", then it was uninstalled. You need to reinstall the plugin. I can't speak for the state of that mirror but it would have to be sync'd within the last hour to reinstall the plugin. The VMs should just show back up in the list.

Thank you very much, now reinstalling the kvm plugin can be installed normally, and everything is back to normal.

• I can confirm that now I can install openmediavault-kvm without issues.

In fact I had it removed some how in the past days when I was struggling with my netplan issue and found my machine with a virtual machine running but no libvirtd daemon running (?!?).

I did an apt install openmediavault-kvm and I got all back working.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In fact I had it removed some how in the past days when I was struggling with my netplan issue and found my machine with a virtual machine running but no libvirtd daemon running (?!?).

libvirtd daemon just starts qemu-system. It isn't needed to keep VMs running. If you would have rebooted, they wouldn't have come up without libvirtd daemon.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!