KVM plugin problem after update

• Help me please!

I apologize if everything is not clear, I write through Google translator.

A few days ago, I lost the KVM plugin on OMV6. Before that, the Windows 11 virtual machine was configured and worked fine. I stumbled upon this thread and did the following:

# Make sure backports are enabled

wget https://omv-extras.org/testing/openmediavault-kvm_6.1.23_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i openmediavault-kvm_6.1.23_all.deb

sudo apt-get -f install

The system swore that a bunch of additional packages were needed, such as ksmtuned=4.20150326 and a few more. I installed all these packages, the KVM plugin appeared and everything worked.

Now the system offers to update the following packages:

openmediavault-kvm 6.1.23, qemu-system-data 1:7.1+dfsg-2, qemu-system-ppc 1:5.2+dfsg-11+deb11u2

After that, the KVM plugin becomes uninstalled and when you try to install it, it gives the following error:

500 - Internal Server Error

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-kvm 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-kvm : Depends: qemu-system-ppc but it is not installable E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Then I do:

apt-get install qemu-system-data=1:5.2+dfsg-11+deb11u2

apt-get install qemu-system-ppc=1:5.2+dfsg-11+deb11u2

After that, the KVM plugin is installed, everything works, but the system again asks to update openmediavault-kvm 6.1.23, qemu-system-data 1:7.1+dfsg-2, qemu-system-ppc 1:5.2+dfsg-11+deb11u2

And so in a circle. I guess that I messed up something in the packages of my system. But I'm not strong in Linux. Tell me how to fix it

• I did apt clean several times. But unfortunately it didn't help. I can't install openmediavault-kvm 6.1.23, until I do this:

apt-get install qemu-system-data=1:5.2+dfsg-11+deb11u2

apt-get install qemu-system-ppc=1:5.2+dfsg-11+deb11u2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Make sure backports is enabled in omv-extras.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the quick fix on this, after updating just now I was so confused to see KVM missing. Reinstalled the plugin, and boom

Just remember that removing the plugin won't remove the VMs. So, not much to worry about. Even if the xml files were deleted, you could just create a new VM using the existing disks and be just fine.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Make sure backports is enabled in omv-extras.

Backports were enabled all the time. I turned them off, then turned them off again. And everything worked out!

Everything is installed, updated, everything works fine. Should backports remain enabled or should they be disabled?

Thanks a lot!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should backports remain enabled or should they be disabled?

Enabled.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!