avahi problem

• I have the SMB/CIFS plugin installed on OMV 6.0.40-2 (Shaitan) and it is working fine on the windows side of things. The problem I have is with MacOS users being able to see the shares. From poking about I have been able to make the shares visible (although temporarily) by editing the following file /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf

from

Code
    use-ipv4=yes
    allow-interfaces=enp4s0
    #deny-interfaces=eth1

to this:

Code
    use-ipv4=yes
    #allow-interfaces=enp4s0
    #deny-interfaces=eth1

But the allow-interfaces line keeps changing back to being UN-commented out. I think there are two issues here. Although this is my main interface (enp4s0) I have a bridged interface (br0) and for some reason the main interface does not allow access for avahi daemon (no ip address assigned to enp4s0 when running ifconfig, ip address assigned to br0 only, which I think makes sense). Secondly, its not clear to me why the /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf file keeps changing back to having this line uncommented. I could not find anywhere this is set in openmediavault conf for example. I assume there must be a script somewhere doing this.

Any suggestions or thoughts as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete.

• here you go. Surprisingly no interface addresses listed for IPv4! br0 should have an address.

how about one of these?:

Not sure if jq is in a standard install....

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!