unable to install gparted from webui

• hi,

whenever i try to install gparted via the webui it starts the download and then just freezes (the terminal window displayed on the ui). It never finishes even when left alone for a few hours. I can not find any errors in the syslog. Is there a way to do the same from cli (as in integrate into grub and the webui)?

Thanks for your help!

• But that doesn't work under omv, you need a desktop environment.

I only know the live version

Gparted, as installed from the OMV kernel page is the Live CD iso.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• i see. i remember it working in omv 5 but that was running bare metal. just to be sure: i am talking about the webui setting to install it as a boot option - you could select to boot gparted instead of omv via grub

• Yes, but only part of it without a graphical interface.

The last time I looked at it it had the GUI.

And please, if you are going to quote my posts, leave them in the language they were posted in.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to do the same from cli (as in integrate into grub and the webui)?

Post the output of: sudo omv-grubiso installgp

But that doesn't work under omv, you need a desktop environment.

I only know the live version

That is what the kernel plugin installs (omv-extras did this on pre-6.x).

You could write a plugin to do it in the web ui. It would be nice to have.

It would be very limited since you can only work on unmounted disks.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

whenever i try to install gparted via the webui it starts the download and then just freezes (the terminal window displayed on the ui). It never finishes even when left alone for a few hours.

Did you look to see if there was a gparted iso in /boot? That would tell you if it was downloading as well. My download is going to take over half an hour (sourceforge mirror is slow).

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 257670905 Sep 27 18:22 gparted-live-1.4.0-5-amd64.iso

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• thats the result of sudo omv-grubiso installgp : "Cannot write to ‘/boot/gparted-live-1.4.0-5-amd64.iso’ (No space left on device)"

i am running omv on a btrfs lvm... seems the boot partition is only about 500MB in size. damn. no way i am reinstalling again :D

back to the virtual cd drive it is (it's a vm after all)

thank you for the pointers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

i am running omv on a btrfs lvm... seems the boot partition is only about 500MB in size. damn. no way i am reinstalling again :D

back to the virtual cd drive it is (it's a vm after all)

You are running btrfs on lvm? If that is the case, why not expand /boot? If not, you could boot gparted (lol) and expand /boot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!